Chapter 22- Tears

Start from the beginning

"I didn't know he was still dating her" he said leaning his chin on my head.

"Yea I was just some girl that he wanted to sleep with. I told him I loved him Maxi. And he does this shit" I said.

"Come on. Let's get you some air" he said pulling me onto the balcony.

The wind hit my hair and face instantly drying my tear stains on my cheeks. The sun was just setting and it looked beautiful.

"What if Chloe was lying" I randomly said as Maxi was busy staring at his phone.

"Maxi" I said catching his attention. "Huh What?" he said continuing to look at his screen in confusion. "What if Chloe was lying about it" I said again.

"Uhh... I don't want to hurt you anymore than you already are. But... Chloe just posted this" he said turning his phone to face me.

763 likes , 244 comments

tagged: @harrisonreid
@chloegirl_xo: fun night with my baby❤️

@sarah_jane: omg are you guys back together
@chloegirl_xo: you know it ;)

I stared at the phone for what seemed like ages trying to figure out if it was actually Harrison. But of course it was. I was just trying to give him the benefit or the doubt that it wasn't true.

I looked away not uttering a word to Maxi as I stared at the sunset. We sat there in peace until the sun had finally set and it was pitch black.

"Hey Lilly, I've gotta go to my mum's I promised I'd see her. I can tell her I can't though if you need" he said softly.

"No it's okay. You can go. I'm just going to sleep" I said simply. I wanted him to stay. To make sure I wouldn't be alone when I cried myself to sleep tonight but I couldn't stop him from seeing his mum.

"Okay. Only if your sure? Text me if you need anything lily" he said pulling me into a hug. I almost burst into tears but I held it in not wanting to freak him out.

He gave me a small smile as I continued to sit on the balcony. I stared out at the darkness in front of me wondering if there was someone out there who would make me feel the same way he did.

Now that I was replaying the moment over and over again, I don't know what hurt me more. The fact that he called me a whore, that he thinks I am with his best friend, that he doesn't love me anymore, that he's with Chloe or that I was just one big joke to him.

I hadn't even realised that a tear had fallen again.

"I'm not crying. I'm so sick of crying" I said angrily to myself. I whipped my phone out quickly managing to unlock it with my teary eyed version.

I swiped right on Maddie's contact and began to ring her. It rang eight times before going to voicemail.

"Hey Maddie, can you come over as soon as possible. I really need you right now" I said breaking down into sobs before ended the message.

I laid my head back against my chair scrolling through my Facebook aimlessly when Maddie's name popped up on my screen. I swiped to answer instantly.

"Lilly? Are you all good?" She asked calmly. "N-no. Can you come over. Please" I said whispering the please. "Yea babe, I'll be 20 minutes" she said before hanging up. I sighed deeply wiping my under eyes before heading back inside.

I glanced at the clock seeing it was 11pm at night and James would be done at 2am. I didn't get how he could do those types of shifts.

My heart dropped realising that I had work tomorrow at 7am and I was silently praying that Harrison wasn't there.

There was a knock at my door making me rush over to open it. I saw Maddie standing there with a concerned look over her face. I instantly ran into her arms as she hugged me.

"What'd he do now?" She said rubbing my back to sooth my light cries.

I pulled away, letting her walk in as I shut the door. I fell on the couch beside her.

"Explain" She said sternly.

I went over everything from when Harrison came in with Chloe, to how he accused Maxi and I of being together to him calling me a whore.

"He called you a whore? What a... dip shit" she said making me laugh. She knew I would've felt horrible if she called him something worse. It was just the way I was. When my ex-boyfriend dumped me she hated him so much. It made me upset because I was still in love with him. This was the same situation.

"Come on let's get you to bed. I'm sure you have work tomorrow" she said pulling me up by my arms as I groaned.

I trudged to my room not bothering to change out of my sweats and t-shirt I'd worn all day. I slid into my bed the covers relaxing my tense body. Maddie slid in beside me as I cuddled up to her. No we weren't 'lesbian', we just did this when one of us were really upset, just like when Maddie's dad died. She rubbed my head as I slowly fell into a sleep.

~
A/N- Feel like this chapter is so over the place but whatever :)