0.3 - When I'm Drunk

Start from the beginning

- When you hit the bottom, there's always someone knocking from underneath, - I mumbled with a heavy sigh.

- No, she's right. That'll shake you up. I'm making the rules! - Andrea responded. 

This game, about which I once heard from my relatives and had the stupidity to tell my friends, brought us a lot of trouble. You improvise a drinking game on the spot, and if you lose, you do what you're told, no exceptions.
Now, Justine has a quite perverse fantasy, not telling that she's generally a shit-stirrer and takes pleasure in someone else's embarrassment. Andrea never fouls and doesn't let us, so playing "L'Americaine" with them is, well, dangerous. But it was a tough day, I was tired, upset, and had no will left to resist them. The sooner it ends, the better.

- Let's do it this way, - Andrea said, - Take a shot and name Mika's song, in order, starting with Grace Kelly, including all bonus tracks, demos, and Japanese editions, and then a line from the song. Wrong text or song - penalty shot, wrong album - two shots. You make three mistakes - you lose.

- This is blasphemy, - Justine (who had recently called Mika a sellout) shook her head.

- And this is a special day, - said Andrea with her signature creepy smile, - Don't worry, tomorrow only Bernard (she pointed at the bartender) will remember this.

- And YouTube, - I grumbled, as I liked all this less and less with every second.

- You have a better idea? - Andrea replied.

- Well...

- Then shut up.

Drunk Andrea turns into a teacher. Which balances out the troll in Justine, who otherwise will mock me to death. It still doesn't mean she won't abuse her power sometimes.

I wonder what usually happens to me when I'm drunk, because I felt quite normal at that moment.

- But how we will know that we are not mistaken, if we're going to get wasted? - I asked then. Justine thought for a moment, then grabbed my backpack and pulled out one of the notebooks.

- Your magic book, - she explained, called Bernard and handed him my relic - an old journal that I used to fill with lyrics, pictures, articles ... Well, you get the idea.

- You will be our judge. It won't take much time anyway, - Andrea looked at me, - Alice can't drink.

She picked up her shot.

- Let's do this, - she drank her martini in one gulp, - Grace Kelly.

- Ka-ching, - I said and drained my glass, which Andrea immediately filled, - Lollipop.

- Life's gonna get you down, - Justine replied,- My Interpretation.

- Goddamit. I never listened to it enough to remember, - Andrea sighed, and punished herself with an extra shot, - Ok, let's move on. Love Today.

- Shock, shock me. Relax.

- Are we playing with fire?
- Hell yeah we are, - I mumbled into my glass.

***

I forgot Over My Shoulder, confused Toy Boy with Lover Boy, but survived the entire The Boy Who Knew Too Much, CD 2, in which my two friends made ​​2 errors and 1 respectively, so that when The Origin Of Love era had come, we were in the same plight.

- Focus, Ali, - said Andrea, - It's your favorite album. Overrated.

I put some effort to remember the sound of the song, but they all mix together. Damn, I swear I knew it before!

- Overrated, overrated? - I said timidly, and my friends snorted.

- Too easy, give us one more line.

- When you repeated the name of Blame It On The Girls, we didn't complain, - I replied.

- I said "Boys" instead of "Girls", there's a difference.

- Well, - I tried to remember again, - Overrated .. I'm jaded in this god damned world.

- Good. Next?

- Kids?

- So ... Ugh... Shit, there's actually a song with that name?!
- You're giving up?
- No, just give me a second.
We wait more than a second.
- Here, I got it, - she took all the remains of her sobriety, holding up a finger, and spoke just: - Kids are alright.
Another second passed in silence, before I realised what happened.
- It's Kids, - I explained, - But it's by Kylie and Robbie Williams.
- Oh, I totally understand now. Once you think of this song, you can't get it out of your head. Anyhow... Congrats, Justine, you fucked up!
I was ready to sigh in relief, but Bernard said suddenly:

- Overrated, it's this one? - and pointed to the text, - Then there will be "overrated in this god damned world", and not "jaded".

Hell, and he was right. These two are really easy to confuse. Shame on me.

- You said it before Justine, - noted Andrea, - So, you've lost, Al. We make a wish.

- But only one, - I replied resignedly, preparing for the worst.

My friends pondered their wish while I watched ice in my glass melt. It took longer than I expected.
- I'll fall asleep if you don't agree on something right now, - I moaned with my head on the counter.
- Shut up, Panda-eyes, - Andrea spoke again, - It's hard, you know! You've already done pretty much everything Justine came up with.
- Yeah, - Justine added, - I'm out of ideas. Hell, you even performed on stage, what's worse than that?
- Wait! Actually, I might have a thought, - Andrea suddenly uttered, and her glasses flashed with evil excitement, - I think you're going to like it.
She pointed her finger at me and uttered:

- You will go on The Voice.

For a second we stared at Andy in astonishment, not sure if she was joking. I was expecting some ridiculous, humiliating stuff, but it's ...
OK, yes, it's exactly what it is.

- Oh yeah, you're better at singing now, aren't you? - Justine smirked, - If you pass, you will see Mika!

- No, hell no! - I tried to speak up, - This is too serious!

- But rules are rules, - Andy shrugged, - You've got to.
I guess there was nothing I could do. They would troll me to death if I refused.
- Not tonight, - I sighed, - I hardly even remember my own name.

- Then let me do it this way, - Andrea pulled out my phone and handed it to Jean, - You make the video, and we leave, okay?

- Repeat after me, - said Justine, holding my shoulders, - I, Alice Fontaine... 22 year old ... Lost in "L'Americaine" ... And I promise ... Once I sober up ... To go to the casting.. Of ... The Voice. Well done. Now, let's call a taxi while we still can think.

So, yeah. Mika and the drinking game. Now let's start with the show.