Chapter 7

Shaggy and the adventure kids screamed as they came sliding down a shoot and landed hard in the sand. 

Cynthia suddenly screamed out. 

"What is it?!" Shaggy and the other adventure kids asked her in alarm. 

"Oh, just great! Now I have to schedule another manicure appointment" Cynthia groaned, revealing it only to be a broken nail. 

"Good grief!" Brock rolled his eyes out of annoyance. 

"What did you just say to my lady!?" David glared threateningly to the younger boy.  

"I am NOT you're lady!" Cynthia told David, growling firmly out of annoyance.  

"Guys, will you all just shut up!" Teeders snarled to them. 

"We need to find Scooby" Kali reminded why they were here. 

The gang got up and looked around to see they were in some kind of underground hidden cavern. But the great dane was no where to be seen. 

Shaggy called out quietly in almost like a whisper. "Scoob?"

"Scooby Doo... where are you?" the adventure kids also called out quietly, as their voices echoed down the tunnel. 

"Scoob?" Shaggy called quietly again.

Teeders looked around, when she then spotted something. "Shaggy, look" she tapped Shaggy on the shoulder to get his attention.  

Shaggy looked up with the kids and saw at a distance in the chamber, some kind of area where dark rituals were performed and there was a vat at the center. Everyone looked pretty scared. 

"This place is spooky" Ann shivered, while clutching onto Shaggy's leg. Not expecting her first mystery to have become this scary. It was a lot different then how she pictured it from her dad's stories. 

"Do you really think we'll find Scooby and the others down here?" David asked.

"There's only one way to find out" Kali said, before stealthily heading towards the strange vat. 

Shaggy and the other adventure kids quickly followed after her, making sure they weren't seen by anyone and came up to the vat with her. 

As they looked in, they were shocked to discover these millions of little heads that looked a bit like jellyfish in a blue aura.  

"What is all of this?" the twins questioned. 

Just then, they heard a familiar voice echo out their names. 

"Shaggy... Kali... Guys..." 

The gang looked around for a second then back inside the vat, seeing a head floating by that looked like Velma. "Shaggy!" 

"Velma!..." the adventure kids went wide-eyed, looking shocked.  

"We'll save you" Shaggy said, before Kali reached in and grabbed Velma's head, pulling her out. 

"Oh, thanks, Kali. Boy, am I glad to see you guys" Velma smiled to the gang while floating around like a bobble-head in Kali's hand. "Now let me go so I can return to my body. And then get out of here before they find you guys and steal your protoplasms too" she warned them while they all nodded in understanding. 

"I always knew you were a hero, Shaggy!" Velma called out to him, flying out of Kali's hand and made her escape. 

The kids kept searching in the vat for anymore familiar protoplasm heads, soon spotting Fred's. 

Shaggy quickly reached in and pulled him out. "Hey, buddy" 

"Shaggy! Kids!" Fred gasped and suddenly got hysterical. "Listen, man. Someone must have spiked my root beer last night. Talk me down, man! Talk me down!"