I could hear voices, people talking but I couldn’t exactly make out what they were saying. I closed my eyes to shut them out.

The second time I woke up, I could hear January talking, “Can’t believe she is an Alpha’s daughter?”

“Neither can I. Wonder why she left the pack? They treat her kindly” Terence said. Dimly, I grasped that they were talking about Genessa.

“And that too to become a rogue” January said in disbelief. A dry cough jolted through me and both heads spun round. “Everett” January called.

“Pass me the glass” was the last thing I heard Terence say before I slid out of awareness.

The next time I opened my eyes, I was still in the same bed, with a blanket wrapped around my waist. Sitting up, I realized, was more difficult than I expected because every bone of my body was in pain. As I jogged my memory of the last few hours, I realized that I had fever. As I stared out of the window, I became aware that it was morning because the sunrays brightened the room. The blue sky was cloudless.

Knowing that I had wasted few hours spending asleep, instead of searching for my Templar, I quickly rolled my legs off the edge of the bed and set them on the ground. I was dressed in a blue shorts and a white shirt. I wondered whose clothes I was wearing.

I looked around and sighed in relief when I found a glass of water. Gulping down the water, I stared at the vast room. My bag and cellphone was on a couch, lying in the room. I first went to the bathroom and frowned when I saw my reflection in the mirror. I looked like storm passed over me.

After freshening up, I quickly changed into my own jeans and a black shirt. I felt considerably better because this time there was no pounding in my head.

Picking up my cellphone, I checked the time and inhaled sharply when I noticed the date as well. As I tasted my blood in my mouth, I registered that I had bitten down painfully on my tongue to prevent a shocked exclamation. I honestly couldn’t believe that I have been out for three days. There is no fucking way I could be out for three days. My wolf was not that weak at all. Even though Templar wasn’t with us, he was strong. His strength came from his firm resolve to find his mate. And I knew he wouldn’t give up like this.

Something happened to Templar. Something terrible and he felt every pain of her. I suppose Templar was out for three days as well, which explains why I was passed out and sleeping in a fucking bed instead of finding her.

Muttering a string of curses, I placed my phone inside my pocket, picked my duffle bag and walked out of the room.

I had wasted more than enough time. Where is Templar? What happened to her?

“Hey” I heard a female voice calling me and I stopped on my tracks. My wolf made an appearance then and growled lowly. “Where do you think you are going?” I spun my head and glared at the female. She immediately took a step back and lowered her head. “Sorry Alpha” she mumbled before running away.

At that moment, I tried linking to Templar and furrowed my brows when I got no response. The bond between us was completely fine. I couldn’t feel anything unusual.

Nothing.

Instead of bringing a relief to me like I expected, it scared me and soon, I could hear my own heartbeat.

My wolf whimpered softly and shook his head. ‘We have wasted a lot of time. I want to find her’ he growled loudly and I couldn’t agree more. Taking a deep breath, I continued walking down the empty hallway.

It was a building and I was in a room in the first floor of the building. I suspected this to be a pack hospital but I didn’t know which pack it belonged. My guess was it belonged to DayDusk. As I walked downstairs, wolves around me kept staring at me and I glared at all of them.