Chapter 8 : Hottest Bachelor in Town

🎶 Today was a fairytale 🎶

Maris was singing in her mind as her eyes were locked in Daniel's. She was captivated by the mystery and admiration they convey. She looked at his mouth as it came closer.

"Today was a fairytale." Maris whispered.

Daniel's mouth smiled as he heard those words and Maris suddenly awakened from like a trance. She realized that she said those words aloud and she felt her cheeks heat up with embarrassment.

She then pushed Daniel away and she self-consciously tucked her hair behind her ears.

" I heard what you said." Daniel smiled teasingly.

"Uhm- uh-uhm. Yeah. I said Today was a fairytale. It's a song. Uhm -uh- A song that I've been practicing. I'm going to sing it tonight. That's just it!" Maris said defensively. She then stood up and Daniel assisted her in getting out of the fountain.

She can't look Daniel in the eyes. She was blushing.

"We better hurry back. The kids are waiting for us." Maris said and hurriedly went to the teenage boys lounging by the covered part of the park.

~~~~~~

Dripping wet, Maris and Daniel continued their walk back to the apartment. The boys are one by one drifting off to their homes.

Once they reached the apartment, Maris went to take a shower first as she needs to go to work. For the meantime, Daniel just changed into dry clothes and volunteered to prepare their breakfast.

Maris was all set for work and as she got out of the room, she noticed that Daniel was talking to someone by the doorway. She took a closer look and realized that it was Chris.

"Chris, good morning!" Maris greeted.

Both men stiffened. Chris was staring ferociously at Daniel who moved away from the doorway and allowed him to come in.

"Honey! Good morning. We we're just having a quick man-to-man talk" Chris said.

"Actually, I invited him to have breakfast with us." Daniel said, smiling.

"You don't need to invite me, this is practically my GIRLFRIEND'S place so it's my place too." Chris said sarcastically and walked to put his arm around Maris' shoulder. "As for you, yes you may join us for breakfast. Let's go, Honey! I brought you something for breakfast."

Daniel tried his best to stifle a laugh.

He knows he should just play along with this Chris even if he knows that Chris is gay. He admits he has done a big wrong to this guy and to Maris. He'll just call this a retribution for the wrong things he has done... most especially to Maris.

If making me look like a fool by pretending, that Chris is Maris' boyfriend, would make them feel avenged, then so be it, Daniel thought. Besides, it would totally blow up his cover of protecting Maris.

~~~~~~

When they reached the kitchen, Maris elbowed Chris on the side. "Are you seriously going to go through with this?" She whispered to him. Chris smiled and nodded.

Maris was torn between telling the truth and supporting Chris. Even if they already had a truce with Daniel and everything is starting to be back to normal, part of her wants to see Daniel's reaction.

Once they were seated, Chris sat pulled Maris close to him. "Wow! You cooked all this Honey?"

"Actually, Daniel made all this." Maris said. Chris was silenced. He then opened the package he brought to reveal a scrumptious breakfast buffet.