PROLOGUE

Deep into the heart of the forest stood a little camping village called Moppet's Family Camp.

It is a famous place for families wanting to get in touch with nature while bonding with the family members at the same time.

It is where tiny cabin houses surround a deep lake, fresh breeze ruffle the trees and the chirping of birds are the only noise you'd hear.

It is where family bonds are strengthened, relationships are anchored and love connections are tested.

Most of all, it is in this place that we get to see a young love sprout from 2 most unlikely souls. Two souls tested, anchored to each other and strengthened through time and experiences.

Read along as they make their way to discovering that true love is never out of anyone's league...

~~~~~~

' I wonder where they are headed to?' thought a little 5-year old girl with adorable pigtails and full head-bangs while hugging her pink teddy bear close.

It was already close to midnight when mischievous voices woke her up from her deep slumber. She automatically went to her brother's room to check and hoping maybe she'd be allowed to join in on their game.

She took a peek at Rob's room, in time to see a pair of sneakers disappear from sight as her brother Rob together with his best buddy Daniel jumped off the cabin window.

Maris hurriedly went out the back door, dragging her teddy along, as fast as her little legs would allow. But her tiny strides are no match for the gallop of those 14-year old teenage boys, and soon enough, she was lost deep within the forest.

"Rob?" Maris tried calling out, voice filled with fear.

The tears started to well in her eyes and blurred her vision, when she stumbled upon a fallen tree trunk. Little did she know, she has reached the sloped part of the forest.

As the log rolled down the slope, Maris tried to reach for her teddy stuck between a jagged rock causing her to lose her grip and roll down the slope following the log.

Fear combined with a little impact against a small rock, Maris lost consciousness.

No one witnessed the accident except the lone moon above that started to shine its light on the fragile-looking Maris, lying face up, unconscious amidst the foliage.

~~~~~~

Just a couple of minutes after, laughter of the 2 teenage boys broke through the quiet of the forest.

"I can't wait to see their faces when they wake up to a bed full of spiders, haha." Rob said, laughingly referring to the prank they made to the girls staying at an all-girls camp opposite their camp village.

"Ooh, how I wish we could record their reactions. That was a really great idea you had, Rob. haha." Daniel added.

"But, we better hurry back, our parents might wake up and wonder where we are." Rob said.

Just then, something caught Daniel's eyes. He suddenly stopped in his tracks and asked,

"Rob, isn't that Maris' pink teddy bear?"

Rob looked to the direction of where Daniel pointed.

Blood drained from Rob's features as he realised that it is indeed Maris' favourite pink teddy. She always carries the teddy around anywhere she goes.

Fear was evident in Rob's face at the implication that Maris, his younger sister, could very well be in danger.

Daniel shook Rob and tried to reassure him, " Hey, don't worry. I'll stay here and look for her. You go check on your cabin first. For all we know, Maris is sleeping soundly in her room right now while we are here panicking."

Rob nodded and without a word hurried back to their cabin.

~~~~~~

Daniel was now alone in the forest and hurriedly looked around for any signs of Maris.

" Maris! Maris!" He called out, already worried sick, for he sensed that something's not right.

He retraced his steps back to the pink teddy and almost slipped as he reached the sloped part.

Just as he was about to look somewhere else, he heard a little moan.

Trying to locate the direction of the sound, he edged closer to the sloped part.

There he saw Maris. Relief combined with alarm enveloped Daniel.

Carefully surveying the slope area, he found a safe way down the side. Once he was by Maris' side, he gently cupped Maris' pale face in his hands. He heaved a brief sigh of relief when he noticed her slow and steady breathing.

Maris shivered slightly, Daniel immediately hugged her closer. Its like his heart still hasn't recovered from the nervousness for he could still feel it beating so fast.

Closing his eyes, Daniel took a deep breath and prayed hard. Even though he calls Maris as the annoying little sister of his best bud, he still cares deeply for her. He doesn't want anything bad to happen to her.

Maris' eyes slowly fluttered open and she smiled when she saw Daniel.

After a few seconds of being with someone with a familiar face and being secure in his arms, Maris started to cry. She cried so hard as she released all the fear and tension she felt earlier.

Daniel hugged Maris tighter while wiping her tears away.

" It's alright, Maris. I'm here. I'll always be here for you. From now on, I'll always be in your life, okay?" Maris nodded, tears streaming down her pretty little cheeks.

"Please don't cry, I don't ever want to see you cry." Daniel added.

Comforting words, soothing voice and with the security of Daniel's arms, Maris calmed down.

And in that fragile moment, a bond was created, an invisible unnamed bond between two innocent and vulnerable souls.