Chapter Twenty-Five

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I noticed Keith was watching me as I teared up, his hand still touching my face.

"I'm scared." I said.

"Of?"

"Losing you." I answered.

Keith leaned in for another kiss, making more tears stream down my face.

"Noah, we'll get through this. You don't have to be afraid of losing me, because I'll always be with you."

With that, I fell asleep peacefully.

[Again, super cheesy 👌]

-

Damien's P.O.V

Ignoring the gash in my arm, I was finally able to get the knife away from Shayne.

I threw the knife over to the other side of the living room, then found myself on the floor, being punched repeatedly by my best friend.

"DAMIEN!"

Aria pushed Shayne off of me, surprising me with her strength.

I looked back and watched as Aria crushed the bottle of coconut water with her hands. She soaked Shayne's face, but managed to get the liquid into his mouth.

Shayne started losing his balance, and Aria pushed Shayne once more onto the couch.

-

Shayne's P.O.V

I slowly came back to my senses. Frozen, as my vision became less blurry.

The first person I saw was Aria, giving me a worried look.

"Shayne, can you hear me?"

"Yeah..." I answered. "What happened?"

"You got injected." Damien said.

Wait.

DAMIEN!

I quickly went from the couch to the floor, sitting at Damien's side.

I took off my shirt and pressed it against Damien's arm. "Aria, can you press the shirt against Damien's wound while I get the bandages?"

"Yeah, of course!"

After Damien's arm was bandaged, we gave him painkillers. I apologized repeatedly, but Damien kept saying the apology wasn't necessary.

"Shayne, remember what you said to me when you were sent to the hospital? You didn't do it on purpose."

He's right, I didn't.

And whoever risked Damien and Aria's lives in my hands, will pay.

I started to tear up. I couldn't believe I'd almost stabbed my best friend, and the person I'd plan on spending the rest of my life with.

Aria pulled me into a hug. "At least we're all safe now, Shayne."

She read my mind.