Chapter 1: Aria Yami's Origin

Start from the beginning

She gives one last look before waving off as the door shuts behind her.

"I'm going to go get ready." She calls, as she was already making her way towards the stairs.

"Ok darling, I'll be in the kitchen if you need me."

________________________________

She walks leisurely to the shower, steam filling the room as she cuts the shower on. She bathes her skin lightly, thoughts of last night come crossing her mind.

Even though aria knows it's that time of the year again; she can't help but feel the excitement all over again like her first time taking the test.

She was nervous as well since all her other previous times were all fails. Not only that, but the hero's exam is broadcast all over the city which causes many rumors to spread around.

She chooses not to let it get to her too much since she doesn't care what others think about her.

________________________________

Getting out of the shower surprisingly enough was way too quickly for her liking, she heads to her bedroom.

The room contained a small bed, barely made, a bureau, where she liked to do most of her songwriting and occasional homework from school. There were drapery curtains at the dormer windows, pictures on the wall mainly of her best friends.

But her room consists of pretty simple things. However, somehow the room itself felt like it was missing something yet aria couldn't put her finger on what.

She puts on her standard uniform required for school, a white button-up shirt, a peach colored skirt. Just to add her own flavored to it, she worn a black jacket with her black and white stocking.

Just as aria was finishing up, she heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!"

The door opens to reveal her mom holding a sort of brown package. "Well don't you look fancy?" Her mom faintly giggles, a shaky smile forming on her lips as her eyes got misty eyed.

"M-mom... what are you talking about I look like I always do!" Aria's cheeks are suddenly kissed pink as a spring rose.

"I know... but you remind me of someone who was so rambunctious like that; sort of like my first time." She giggles at the memory wiping a tear that manages to roll down her cheek.

"Well... go ahead! open it." She urges the brunette to open it, pushing the little box towards the girl.

She opens it to reveal a small hair clip in the shape of a music note.

"I love it! Thank you so much!" She wraps her arms around her mom. Aria snuggles in,

"You're one of the few people who has ever believed in me." Her mom snickers, "Well, love, that is a mother's job." In that movement, the arms squeeze a fraction tighter and Aria breathes more slowly, her body melting into her mom's as every muscle lost its tension to the spring air. This was happening, really happening.

Her mom gave her one more gentle squeeze before letting go and looking at her daughter again.

"You're going to do great. I believe in you."

"I know. You've always have."

"Well! I better get going, before I'm late for the exams!" She gets on her tiptoes to give her mom a kiss on the cheek. "I can't wait to tell you the good news!"

She grabs her bag from her chair and heads to the door.

"Wish me-

"You already have it, now get going!" Her mom smirked, folding her arms.