Jack's P.O.V

I felt useless. I should be by Lizzy’s side, fighting off all of the goons. Instead, I’m here, on the sidelines, being protected by T.B and Buttons.

From what I was able to see, the newsies were winning. I saw Crutchie fall, but Lizzy ran over to help him. Davey ran over a knocked the goon out.

Damn, Dave can throw a punch, was all I thought. I kept looking through the fight, watching my family fight the goons.

They were fighting for me.

I saw Spot take down the last goon, who was, like, two times his height. Lizzy marched towards Snyder.

“Ya goons are down, Spida,” she said, “not so tough without ya men, huh?”
He didn’t respond, instead you heard a small, evil snicker escape his throat.

I looked at the other newsies. They were still in place from were they last were, leaving Lizzy room to fight Snyder. Something glistening caught the corner of my right eye. I looked and saw a goon pulling out something.

Oh God.

“Buttons,” I said. He turned around and looked at me. I don’t know how I remembered his name, I just did. I nodded my head in the goon’s direction. He looked over and saw what I was talking about. His eyes widened.

“LIZZY!” Buttons shouted to her. She turned around, and that’s when she saw. The goon was holding a small gun, and it was aimed at Crutchie.

“NO!” she shouted, and pushed Crutchie out of the way, right when the goon pulled the trigger. She fell to the ground, clutching her side.

“LIZZY! NO!” Crutchie cried. He crawled his best to get by her side. I saw Davey, march up to Snyder.

“You sick, evil, man,” Davey said. Davey made sure right then and there Snyder would see the stars for some time.

“Tom,” I said. Tommy-Boy (once again, don’t know how I remembered) dropped his bat and Buttons did, too, and they picked me up, helping me to get to my sister’s side.