Chapter Twelve

Rachel's POV

I wake up to the sun shinning in through my curtains. After trying and failing to crawl out of bed, I notice a heavy arm resting on my stomach.

Smiling, I roll over and look at Jared's peaceful face, asleep. I study him for a few minutes before  finally deciding I had to go to the bathroom. I place a light kiss on Jared's nose and feel him stir.

"Rachel?"

"I'm right here Jared, I say running my hand through his hair.

His eyes open and stare into mine before a smile of his own graces his lips. He leans forward and places a lingering kiss on my lips.

"I love you," Jared says causing butterflies to erupt in my whole body. This is the first time he's said this, and it felt amazing to hear it coming out of his mouth.

"I love you too... Now can you let me up? I really have to go to the bathroom."

Chuckling he lifts his arm and let's me slide out of the sheets. With a skip on my step, I run to the bathroom to relieve myself. Once done with my morning routines, including brushing my teeth and washing my face, I go back into the bedroom and grab a robe and slip my slippers on.

"Are you going to go to breakfast like that?" Jared asks from the bed.

"Yeah, why?"

"I just wouldn't expect that from you...Princess."

"Shut up my dear Prince..."

His face shows shock at the knowledge that he really is a prince in technicality.  He starts to smile slowly before jumping out of bed and walking over to me.

"Well my princess, would you allow me to accompany you to breakfast."

"Mmmmm....no!" I say with a smile before skipping out of the room and to the dinning room, Jared trailing behind me slowly chuckling at me.

I skid to a stop at the entrance of the dinning room and see a bunch of our best warriors sitting at the table. Frowning I walk in and claim a seat looking curiously at my mom who glared at my outfit of choice. Jared quietly claims a seat beside me, linking our hands together.

"Good morning Rachel," my dad says claiming his seat at the head of the table to my left.

"Good morning daddy. What's going on?" I ask quietly glancing at the men.

"Nothing to be to concerned about. We were informed of an increase of Rouge attacks and I have decoded to order at least 3 guards to accompany you at all times."

"Is my life in danger?"

"No Rachel. Its just a precaution."

"I don't understand dad. If I'm not in danger then why do I have guards? I can protect myself. I am stranger than half the male population in our work. No offence guys. O can handle a few Rouges."

"Rachel, please stop arguing. I just want to make sure you're safe. There will be six guards accompanying you to school and another  ten to look after the grounds. This is final along with a curfew. You must be inside by 7:30 every night. Am I understood?"

Starring at my father, analyzing his features, I realize that there's something else going on, and I need to figure out what, but for right now, I nod my head and say yes, deciding an argument would be to much.

"Good. We're announcing the curfew tonight during a broadcasted interview. Be ready by 5. You'll be presenting with me."

"Yes sir," I say standing and walking out without even touching my food. Two can play at this game.

**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

I know i said i was putting this on hold, but I felt bad for everything I've done, so here's a chapter to hold you over until after everything is sorted.