CHAPTER 1: Announcement

Start from the beginning

"Hi BB" Jema chanted as Deanna made her way up. The energetic girl didn't want to wait for her girlfriend to reach her; instead she run towards her and immediately engulfed her into a tight embrace.

The setter felt the tightness of Jema's hug feeling relaxed from the warmth of her girlfriend's embrace. Force of habit, Deanna then buried her face on the shorter woman's neck as she reciprocated the act.

Jema giggled at the gesture, she then loosens her grip to caress the setter's head. "Rough day love?" she asked as Jema shifted her hands from Deanna's head to her back rubbing it; which earned a nod from the setter.

The smaller girl tried to loosen their embrace to look at her girlfriend but the other refused to let go.

"I know you're tired and I know you'll get irritated if I say this" Jema sign but continued "I told you to stay at your dorm so you could catch some rest" her tone was more of concern rather than scolding.

"I wanted to see you" Deanna defended as they finally separates from their embrace.

Jema smiled but Deanna could still sense the guilt in her expression. She understands that Jema only wants what's best for her and rest is really important to her now. Even though she wanted to defend her case, knowing her girlfriend she'll never win regarding this argument.

"I'll just drop you off to the condo and go straight back to the dorm" the setter answered in defeat.

Slowly Jema caresses both Deanna's cheeks "Thank you for making an effort picking me up, bringing food" then notion to the items held by the setters hand "and understanding me" she continued. "I'll be there tomorrow cheering for you" she said as she posses like a cheerleader.

"Then I'll wait for you after your game so that I can take you out for dinner or maybe we can immediately drive back to my place so that you can eat the pack meals nanay made especially for you" with a joyful tone on her voice.

Deanna couldn't help but smile thinking how lucky she is to have a caring girlfriend with a family that treats her like she is their own child. "Well if that's the case we better head back to your place so that I can be on my way back to the dorms, sleep through the night and be done with my obligation so that I could go back home to you and eat the 2nd best home cooked meal in the world" she said as she hands Jema's the snack and picked up her things then take her girlfriends hand.

The couple exited the auditorium hand and hand; they made a detour at the maintenance office to mention that the rehearsal was over and they can now check the hall. After that, they went straight to Deanna's car.

The first thing Jema did as soon as the car was unlocked was checked if there is no mess inside. She accepted that Deanna can be a bit messy at time especially lately since her schedule is tight due to the ongoing competition. She takes it upon herself to ensure that the setter's things are kept in place such as her laundry, school stuff including her car. A part of it maybe is the reason of being clean freak like herself so she makes sure to check on her girlfriends side as well when given a chance.

She was impressed to find a very decent car knowing that she hasn't checked it out for about 2 weeks. After inspecting everything, she proceeds to the passenger seat and gave Deanna a kiss on the cheek as a reward.

"I'm very impressed Ms. Wong" wearing a wicked smile on her face as she starts to play with the setter's ears.

"Well, I have a clean freak fiancé who I don't want to be pissed so I went to a car wash place before picking her up" Deanna answered with a toothy grin on her face then started the car.

On there way to Jema's place "do you plan on telling your parents about the engagement when you fly back to Cebu this Christmas break?" the shorter woman asked as she then placed her hand on Deanna's thigh to gain her attention.