Chapter One

It all seemed like a dream... It felt like I've just been asleep for days. However, as I sink back in to reality... The memories flood back: me being jabbed with a knife, Mikasa watching over me in tears, and the pain we felt as we fear our parting. It makes my heart ache.

I open my eyes; it's blurry.

Once I gain focus after blinking a couple times, I see Mikasa, her eyes closed, and she is holding my hand. I squeeze her palm and her eyes widen instantly. "I missed you." I say quietly, whilst smiling. Her eyes light up like sparks. "Eren!" She says before she pulls me into a massive hug. I hug her very tightly and stroke her hair, but that's when the pain in my stomach attacks. I groan and lean back from her. "Sorry, my wound." I say. "It's ok, Eren." she replies, supportively.

That reminds me.,"What happened? Where are we?" I ask.

"We're still in Gerald's place. We are going to stay here until we find some place else." She says. "When you passed out, I thought you were dead. I didn't know what to do or what to think. I just panicked. Luckily, I came to my senses and decided to search the house and find anything I could to treat your injury. Thank God, it worked. And I think your Titan healing helped too." She smiles, and I can't help to smile back to her.

She did all that for me... She's so-

"You're so...You're so extraordinary, Mikasa." I say. "Thank you, thank you so much." I lean up and cup her face in my hands to kiss her.

"I'd thought that you left me." She says once we'd pulled away. "I'd never do that." I say.

"An old man like him couldn't get rid of me that easy." I chuckle.

Mikasa's face grows blank.

"Mikasa?" She looks at me with intense eyes. "You know that assassin who had a contract to kill us?" She asks. I nod suspiciously. "He sent him."

Wait, what?! Gerald sent an assassin to kill us? How did he know us, how did he find us? It doesn't make sense.

I remember..."

I'll kill you both! I won't let you get away with it again!"

That's what he said... It's beginning to make sense now.

"I see." I respond. I lay back on the bed, and then I realise that I'm hungry. "Wait, how long has it been since I passed out?"

"A few days." she says. No wonder I'm so hungry! "Mikasa, I need food!" I say desperately, holding on to her hand. "I'll make something for you." She sympathetically volunteers as she gets up from her seat and exits through the door.

I sigh and fidget with my fingers. What a hell of a week it's been. So much has happened, and I feel so sorry for Mikasa and all she's been through.

The poisoned tea, the fight with Gerald, and my injuries... And even way back when I really mistreated her.

I feel monstrous, and I'll never forgive myself for making her feel like that. I'll make it up to her somehow, because she deserves the best of me, and the best of me only.