"I'd rather get over you, babe!" He said & sat behind me. "Please! Your pick up lines are getting old, dude!"

I said. Pauline was rather silent. I was going to ask why but that's when the teacher entered. He started off with Greek philosophy. Most of which I knew. Zeus, Athena, Poseidon, Hermes, etc. I poked Pauline & passed her a chit saying 'What's wrong?'. She just shook her head & said later. She usually wasn't so sad. Then, she was paying attention to the lesson. I did, too. I at least tried. His presence was intimidating me. I didn't like it. He kept patting me on the shoulders repeatedly & wanting to say something. I ignored him. I was getting angry. Not a good sign.

At last, I turned & said " What?" & he said "May I borrow a pen, please?"

"So, now you happen to say please too! But I'm sorry, you can't borrow a pen!" I said & turned front. I searched for a pen for me to write. Couldn't find it. "Looking for this?" He said holding my gel pen in his hand. "Thank you!" I said & tried to grab the pen bug he held my hand.

"Any problem, Mr. Salvatore, Ms. Keene ???" The professor asked. "No ma'am, nothing." Both of us said together. He let go of my hand & returned my pen. Aargh! This guy is a... miracle & an annoying one. He's also hot, badass, loner, Casanova, troublemaker, etc,etc. We got out of class & went to the cafeteria for lunch. We grabbed a tray & took anything we could talking about how hot & a troublemaker Daniel was. "But that doesn't give him the right to disturb our lives!!!" I said. "Oh! Please! He can basically get any girl & he chose you. There has to be something he found in you that he didn't find in others. Take it in a positive way. You should be happy! And you are. Admit it already. You like the way he annoys the hell out if you. And is behind you & not the others." Pauline said.

"Ya... Whatever. I still hate him." I said. "Did I just hear someone talking about how good a person I am?" Daniel said. He came & sat next to us. Me basically. Sat next to me. "Talk of the devil & he appears." I said. "What the hell are you doing here? You were told to leave us alone!" Pauline said. I nodded. "Well, ladies. The thing is I like doing the opposite of what I'm told. It's way cooler that way." He said. "Whatever. You're not allowed to sit with us." I said in a not-so-rude way. He smelled good - like chocolate. He sure knew how to impress 'the ladies'. But I wasn't even close. No way. He's not my type. Nah...uh.

"I'm not going anywhere. This is where I'll be & you two ladies, are going to my best of friends." He said. "Why would we want to do that? Like I said, we are busy people. We don't have time for crap." I said. "Double ouch! That's two times in a row today, Ems!" Okay, so the guy knew my name.

"First - How the hell do you know my name? Second - you're not allowed to call me Ems. That's only my friends. Third - You're new here and so not yet my friend. So be in your limits." I said. "Okay. Sorry." He said & looked at his tray, had a few things & got up & left. "Was that too much?" I asked Pauline. "Maybe a little." She said. "Oh no! Now I've to apologise!" I said & ran to catch up with him. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm a little harsh sometimes. Please forgive me." I said. He smiled. "Why are you smiling? I don't like the way you're smiling." I asked. "It's ok. I forgive you. No one has ever apologised to me before. That's all." He said. "So.. Friends..?" I put my hand up front as a hand shake gesture. He put his hand in mine & pulled me into a hug & said "Ya...Friends." in my ear.

"Great. Now let me go. I can't breathe." I said between the intervals. He had a tight grip. Pauline was with us now. He pulled her into the hug too. Group hug. "Okay. We get it. You're our friend. Now let us go. We can't breathe." I said. His scent was intoxicating. Chocolate - I liked chocolate.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to hurt you....Or maybe I did..." He went laughing. "Idiot." I said. "Hey Daniel, Wait up!" I said & we caught up with him. "Now that we're friends - you need to follow a few rules.