Chapter 5

Chapter 5.

It was Saturday so obviously I was at home. I was watching 'The fantastic four : the silver surfer'. I was a fan of action movies. My favourite character was the scientist. No matter how many times I watched it, I couldn't remember their names but I loved the story anyway. I was trying real hard to remember the names & that's when I heard a knock at the door. I asked Lily to get the door. I was too engrossed in the movie. "Come on, make the guy talk!!" I was saying looking at the screen. I heard a voice behind me saying "Didn't know you were a fan of action movies." It was Alex. What was he doing here?? We didn't have a study session today. He hadn't called to say he was coming. I checked my phone. There was a message. 'I'll be there in 10'. I hadn't checked. "What DO you know about me, Alex?? Now sit down & let me watch this!!!" I said. He came & sat next to me on the couch. The movie was almost getting over. The part where the silver surfer guy dies. Sad. It was his job to destroy planets, I know. But he didn't have to die. I frowned & switched off the tv. "Why are you here?" I asked him. "We didn't have a study session today, did we???" I asked him. He looked at me questioningly. "What day is it today???" He asked me. "Dec 5th, Saturday. Why???" I asked. "Oh shit! Shit! I forgot!!! Faye's going to kill me!!" I said. It was Faye's birthday. She had a party to which we had to go. Alex had told me that he'd pick me up. "Wait here! I'll be ready in 5..." I told him & rushed upstairs. What do I wear? I opened my wardrobe. I didn't have much to wear. So I decided on a blue jeans with a sleeveless purple top & sneakers. I got ready soon, combed my hair, grabbed my purse & phone & rushed down. "I'm ready!" I said when I reached down. Alex was looking at me with wide eyes. "What? What's wrong? Am I looking that bad?" I asked him & groaned. I wasn't looking good & I'd forgotten my sweater. But there wasn't much time so I rushed to the door with Alex behind me. "You look good, actually." He said & both of us climbed into the car. "Thanks." I said with a smile. We had planned on going bowling & then going to Faye's home to cut the cake along with dinner. We were heading to the bowling alley. It was called 'Big Bowl'. It was a new place. We parked & went inside. Everybody was already there. We were late. Faye was looking at me angrily. Angry - that wasn't good. "I'm so sorry! I forgot!!! It totally skipped my mind!!" I said going to her & giving her a hug. "How the hell can you forget my birthday, girl! That too, MY birthday! Your best friend's b'day!!" She said angrily. "You know me. I forget stuff easily. I'm so sorry!! Please forgive me!!!" I said again. "Fine. At least you dressed up! Now let's play!!" She said. "Of course, I dressed up. It's YOUR b'day. The least I could do was look good." I said with a wink. We entered our names in alphabetical order. I was second. After Alex. Faye was after me. We played & then left to Faye's place. Her place was quite big. One time bigger than mine but nowhere near Alex's place. Alex's place was huge!!! We cut the cake @ 7:00 & went to have dinner. Dinner was downstairs in the basement. It was spacious. They had their gym down there along with the games & meditation room. They had couched where we all sat, talked & had our food & gave her presents. We left at around 8:10. Alex dropped me home & went. I went to my room, changed to my pajamas & fell on my bed. Good thing tomorrow was Sunday. I didn't have to get up early. I fell asleep instantly. I got up to hear my phone ringing. "Hello! Who is it?" I asked sleepily. "Wake up munchkin! It's already 8:30!!!" Alex said. "Go away! Let me sleep in peace!!" I said & was about to cut the phone & Alex said "What would you do if I showed up at your house right now?" I said "I'd kick your ass back out & send you home. Please go away! I want to sleep!" "You'll have to kick my ass out first!!" He said. What? He was here. I couldn't believe he was here.

"I can't believe you're here this early in the morning." I told him & got up from my bed & went to open the door. "Btw It's actually 7:00! I can't believe you actually thought I was going to show up at your house at this time! Everyone wants to sleep late on a Sunday morning!" He said laughing. "Jackass!! What the hell were you thinking??" I scolded him & cut the call. I closed the door & went back in. I wasn't going to fall asleep now so I freshened up & put cereal in a bowl & sat down to eat. I yawned, had my breakfast & went to my room. I sat on my study table & picked up a book. It was my diary. I opened it, took a pen & wrote :