Chapter 1

Miya’s pov

“Based on all your qualifications you are perfect for this job Miss Kim. When would you like to start?” asked Mr.J.Y.Park, sitting in a large leather chair behind a enormous glass table. The room was bright with posters of all the actors,idols and singers under the company and I Miya Kim  was sitting in a smaller version of his chair , ramrod straight waiting for this interview to be over.

“I would like to start today if you don’t mind. Get used to the people and the tasks.” I gave him a professional smile even though I was a nervous wreck inside. I knew that I would get the job at any other company but you can never guess with JYP Entertainment.

“Ummm. That would be perfect. Now which group should I assign you to?”, he thoughtout loud, scratching his chin. “Looking at your resume I would say a bigger group”. He was flipping through my resume the 100th time.

Please not a girl group. Please.

I don’t have a problem with girls. It’s the opposite actually. I am a bisexual but prefer girls more. And if I get alloted to a girl group I know I would be doomed as all k-pop girls at beautiful. And when I say beautiful I mean really really beautiful.

“ Okay. Twice it is.” He closed my resume and stared at my stunned face. “Is anything wrong?”. He scrutinised me making me feel small.

“No . Absolutely perfect” I said with confidence that I didn’t feel. I have heard about the Twice girls. Heard that they are beyond beautiful. Heard that people fall in love with them at first site and that their personalities are the best in the industry. But I have never listened to their song. Yeah, call me crazy for not listening to the best group of k-pop, but I am more of a Day 6 kinda girl and was hoping to be assigned to them.

“Okay then. I will ask my assistant to show you around and meet up with the girls. I hope you give your best.” I stood up along with him and bowed before exiting the office.

I took the hallway that would lead me to the reception where Mr.JYP's assistant was. I met her when I went to meet him first. Mrs.Choi was a lovely lady who looked like she was in her mid 50s.
“Aah. Miya congratulations on joining the company. If you ever have any problem just come to me, honey. Now let’s go check all the important rooms and meet up with the girls.”

She linked her arms with mine and lead me towards a double glass door, towards the elevator.
We went down two floor before the door opened. “Since JYP likes his employees to work for as long and hard as possible, food is very essential. Hence the first stop, the cafeteria. You can literally find anything you want to eat here. From ramen to scallops. And employees also get a special discount.”

She pointed to a huge room with a reception desk where a line of people waiting to pay was present. The cafeteria looked more like a 5 star restaurant than a cafeteria. There were white tables with silk embroidered table clothes with candles and flowers atop. I even saw Jackson and Yugyeom of Got7 laughing and eating.

We passed the room and headed to a hallway filled with lockers.

“Everyone in the company gets their own locker. You will be emailed your code today song a the rules you have to follow if you want to stay in this company. And honey please don’t break any of the rules otherwise you will be fired.” I could only nod as she was pulling me towards another hallway which was  with rooms on either side.

“Ooh. This is my favourite part of the whole building. These are the rehearsal rooms. All the singers, actors and idols practice here. Here let me show it to you.”

She slightly opened one of the door and pushed me forward to prep in. There was Itzy practicing hard. “No, no girls. A little faster. Show more energy. This song is all about energy you can’t lag behind. And Lia please don’t slouch. Now again from the beginning” said their instructor who was sitting in front of them along with a few other people I assumed to be other instructor and manager.

I closed the door silently. “That looks so good.” I turn to Mrs. Choi with what I assume to be awe written in my face.

“I know right.”, she said with a beaming smile.

We walked and checked rooms after rooms. It has already been an hour since we started.

“Phew. Now for the last room, the recording studio. You can meet the girls their since they are recording for their new album. Don’t worry they are sweetest idols ever. They make you feel just at home.” She was leading me towards a set of stairs when we saw a few set of high heeled shoes coming down.

“Yah Sana-ya, why do you have to be so clumsy. You almost broke the mic with the way you tripped over nothing.” Said a girl with bunny teeth and oval face. Okay calm down.

“Its not my fault that God gave me two left legs Nayeon-unnnie.” The girl Sana said with a cute pout to the bunny teeth girl. So her name was Nayeon.

“You know how Sana-unnie is don’t you? We weren’teven surprised that it happened.” Said a girl that I have seen many times in YouTube. She was pretty viral for her funny eagle dance. No one can forget Dahyun once they saw her.

“Ya momo did you eat the last piece of pizza from the fridge this morning ? That was mine. That’s why you were avoiding me all morning and travelled in the other car isn’t it? Asked a beautiful girl with blonde hair that reached her shoulders.

“Anio. I don’t know what you are talking about Jeongyeon-ah.” The black haired girl started walking down the stairs faster and away from the girl called Jeongyeon, tripping over her legs and falling on Sana who was walking ahead of her. Both of the fell down the stairs in a heap.

“Aigo what is happening here.” A girl with moles in her face said in a very light voice. “Jihyo-ya and chaeyoung-ah help me pick them up.” She turned towards two other girls. One with big eyes who looked extremely beautiful in her short dark hair and the other almost baby like who was laughing her ass off that showed a dimple in a cheek. Nayeon and Jeongyeon were laughing like hyenas on the side while the short haired girl moved forward towards the moaning mess on the floor.

“Let’s not help them Minari. I don’t know when these two will ever grow up.”, said the short haired girl, looking at Sana and Momo with a teasing look on her face.

Everyone was laughing even Mrs. Choi and me at her comment.

“Chaeyoung-ah have you seen my phone. I don’t remember where I put it.” Said a very sweet voice. I saw a pair of legs entrapped in vans coming down.

“I think you left it at the dorm like always Tzuyu.” , said the dimple faced girl. I looked up and bam. My heart stopped beating for me and then restarted at infinite miles per hour for the most angelic girl coming down the stairs with such grace that it would put the Queen of England to shame.

My ears burned and I could feel !y breath shortening as my brain haywired. Holy chicken nuggets. That’s it my whole being is now dedicated to this girl walking towards me. Don't panic.

“Girls this is Miss Miya Kim, you new manager. Miya these are the girls. Jihyo, the leader. Jeongyeon, the girl crush. Momo, the dancing machine. Sana, the cutie-sexy. Jihyo, the leader and God. Mina, the black swan. Dahyun, the eagle or tofu. Chaeyoung, the strawberry princess.” I could hear from Mrs. Choi’s voice that she was teasing them. She pointed to each girl as she introduced and they greeted me.

“And lastly the maknae Tzuyu, the Yoda.” She said with a loving stare at the youngest.

“Hello. It’s really nice to meet you.” Tzuyu stared me intently waiting for a reply while all I could do was swallow the spit that has collected in my mouth.

“Whoa. It’s really hot in here.” I gave a nervous laugh and bowed to angel in front of me. “I am Miya Kim at your service. You need anything or have any problem just tell me and I will try my best to solve them for you.” I couldn’t look away from her doe eyes feeling myself being mesmerised by their beauty and depth.
“Do take care of us.” Then she gave me a smile that could light up the whole world.

Yep. Doomed.