Sam walked back in happily with a plate of sandwiches and pastries piled high and a coffee in the other hand. I could hear Clara grumble from her office.

"It's all fucked up, huh?" He asked as he sat down. "She was used for media attention as a kid. Leah lived the high life as a teen, luxury cars, holidays, you name it she had it. But there's nothing on Avery. She never left the country or even the state, except for college, that is."

I nodded and thought for a bit. "Can you look into those rumours about her? They don't sit well with me."

There's something not quite right. It's nagging at me.

"Of course, I'm already working on it. I'm also getting as much on Jeremiah Adley as possible, but he's a hard man to get info on." He took a big bite of his sandwich. "There's nothing really note worthy of Mrs. Adley and Russell is the same." He said through a mouthful of food.

"That's fine, don't worry much about Russell." I paused. "Look into Adley's involvement in the fire. I dare say no one was supposed to survive it."

He nodded and kept stuffing his mouth full of food.

I continued to read through the reports. There were a lot of articles about the fire. It was particularly aggressive and took the whole night to get under control. Nothing was recoverable after the fire and water damage.
Mr and Mrs. Adley were reported to be found in each others arms in a bathroom. Mrs. Adley suffered smoke inhalation but also severe burns and Mr. Adley suffered burns to his back and neck from shielding Mrs. Adley from the flames. The roof caved in on them killing them both. I would have liked to say it was instant, but I don't think it would have been.

The only people home at the time were Mr and Mrs. Adley and Avery.
Of course Marie Adley took the opportunity to gain media attention. She played the sob story about how sad they all were and discussed Adley taking over Adley Corporations.

I sighed closing the file.

That woman is relentless. She even told me to be careful of Avery. She even said how dirty she was.
Leah's probably had more sexual partners in a day than Avery's had in her whole life.

Sam stared at me with a blank expression for a good while. I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"You like this girl." A large smile grew on his face. "Wife or not you would never be concerned or even interested in a woman. The only thing you were interested in was sex. I know she's not giving you any." He smirked.

"How do you know?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Please, who do you think you're talking to?" He scoffed and filled his mouth again.

"Enjoying the free pastries?"

He moaned and nodded. "Everything tastes better when it's free."

"Mr. Black, we have a bit of a problem." Clara walked into the office glaring at the man who was wolfing down his food. "Ugh." A disgusted look crossed her features.

"What is it?" I asked.

She placed down magazines in front of me. On the front cover of multiple magazines was a picture of myself an Avery.

"She's cute." Sam smirked.

I sighed in exasperation. "Shit." I said under my breath. "I thought this was taken care of." I growled.

"Obviously not." Sam stated.

"We're going to have to contact Adley and put security on Avery, she's going to get bombarded by the press and public." I ran a frustrated hand through my hair.

"Yes sir." Clara said. "Is that all?"

"Fire the security on last night and hire new guards."

Clara nodded and walked out.

"Its probably not their fault. Those bastards are sneaky." Sam defended. "They already got a hold of the first picture anyway, she was bound to get attention."

"It doesn't matter. They allowed him to get in in the first place. I understand that she was going to get some attention, but with these kinds of photos it will get out of hand."

Sam sighed and nodded. He licked his fingers and stood from his seat. "I'll see you around!" He grinned and left 

I looked at the pictures and thought to last night.
I honestly didn't expect her to say what she did about Adley. I thought she would play the good little assistant and daughter. Although, the wine probably helped and it wasn't anything I didn't know already.
A smile played on my lips.

That kiss...

It was probably the best kiss of my life. She wasn't very experienced, but her lips were so sweet and soft. Her body moulded to mine perfectly, even with the height difference.
She was oblivious to the effect she had on me.
I could've killed that man for ruining the moment.
I wanted to tell her how much more beautiful she was than Leah. How much I wanted her.

She obviously thinks Leah was the better choice.
No one I know thinks that. Mother would have an aneurysm from trying to be nice to her, I would probably never see dad, Erica would kill her and I would kill myself.

Everyone simply loves Avery. Everyone except her own family.