Day 18: Taking Medicine

Zacznij od początku

She swiftly pulling the door open to see the short chief on her doorstep, looking up at her with big pleading eyes.

Before she could even inquire the matter, Death quickly turned his head back; looking at someone else behind him.

Toriel followed his line of vision to find one of her friend's human butler, but not the old one -no it was not Mr. Gilbert, but someone younger. And carrying in his arms was a nearly asleep and curled up Geno.

Within one look, she immediately knew something was wrong. Upon years and years of experience of tending to sick patients, she knew upon first look when something's not right about a person.

Dr. Life was instantly by Geno's side. Checking his temperature and other vital signs all the while demanding some answers from Death.

Death stuttered out an explanation as she busied herself of examining her frail patient. The young chief told her that Geno hadn't eaten it about a week.

"He WHAT?!" Toriel almost screamed in panic and quickly ushered them inside. He told the butler to set Geno down on the couch as she went deeper in her home to retrieve her equipment. Being a mother and a doctor, she was always prepared in case of an emergency.

She returned not even a moment later with arms full of supplies which she nearly dropped all over the coffee table. With the help of the young human butler, they assembled the pole which will hold the bag of raw magic.

Toriel carefully plunges the needle on the back of Geno's hand, taking note of the small skeleton's cold temperature, before attaching the transparent tube on the small plastic connector.

After securing the needle with the medical tape, she went to assemble the gauge on the oxygen tank, as well as the humidifier bottle, and the last was the tube attached to a face mask.

She knelt down in front of the sick skeleton, the plastic mask in her hands and she was about to strap it on the small skeleton but Geno turned his head away with a small whimper.

"It's okay, sweetie. It's just oxygen." Dr. Life assured but Geno meekly shook his head in refusal. Curling in on himself and hiding away from her.

"Geno, please." Death pleaded from behind Tori, but Geno was stubborn. He refused to put on the oxygen mask.

Tori let out a sigh and set the equipment aside. "It's alright, Death." she said before standing up.

Death looked at her incredulously. "But-" he was about to protest but was cut short by Tori herself. "It wouldn't do any good to force him." she briefly explained which only earned her more protest from the worried chief.

But she ignored him as she went somewhere else; disappearing at the first door in the hallway. She came out a moment later with a pillow and a neatly folded blanket in her arms.

She walked back to the couch and set the items down next to Geno. She unfolded the blanket and carefully wrapped it around Geno's small frame, in which Life noticed, seemed even smaller than the last she'd seen him.

"Now don't sleep yet, alright? You need to eat first." She said in her caring motherly tone as she fixes the blanket, careful as not to yank the IV drip too hard and Geno found himself nodding at the tender care she provides.

Life seemed pleased with the answer as she beamed at him with a wide smile. "Right, now let me see your soul." she nicely told him and Geno hesitated for a moment, but did as he was told nonetheless. Summoning his fractal of a soul in his hand, it hovers gently over his palm before handing it over to the doctor with wariness in his only eye.

She took it in her hand, as gentle as she could, as she examined it with keen eyes.

Death waited with bated breath. "Is it bad?" he asked impatiently.