A Dinner With Framily- Chapter Five

Start from the beginning

Peter was off in an instant, using his web shooters to pin one of Wade's hands to the floor.

Peter!" Wade shouted in suprise, yanking his arm against the strain of the web.

Peter laughed playfully, picking up the ringing phone and shaking it in his hand with wiggling eyebrows. "It's Mariee."

Mariee was a clueless blonde who gave Wade her number in a grocery store, with Peter standing right next to him.

He slid the green bar across the screen, putting the phone to his ear as Wade desperately struggled with the web.

"Hello, Mariee," Peter sang, making sure that Wade could hear him from the kitchen. "Wade's a little..tied up right now."

Wade sent a glare at Peter, still tugging at his arm. "Peter-"

"Yes, this is he!" Peter said over Wade's voice, giving Wade a shut-up-I'm-talking-to-this-oblivious-chick face.

"Hi, Peter. Umm.. could you maybe ask Wade if he wants to go to a movie or something tonight?" Mariee's nasally voice echoed through the receiver.

Peter's eyes instantly turned murderous, and Wade knew that he had to save Mariee now from the wrath Peter was about to release on her.

Wade gave his arm a good tug, and the webbing gave way from his skin.

Wade lunged at Peter, snatching the phone out of Peter's grasp just as he opened his mouth.

Wade rolled across the coffee table, easily landing on his feet and keeping the phone in place next to his ear. Almost magically, none of the magazines on the table moved an inch, and Wade caught a glass cup before it hit the ground almost effortlessly, not bothering to look as he did it.

"Hey, Mariee." He said without a beat.

"Hey, Wade. So, I was wondering if-" Wade quickly interjected her. "I don't think I can go out tonight, Mariee. I'm kind of in a relationship already so.."

Mariee's voice instantly went high. "Really? You can't share?"

Wade rolled his eyes. "Bye, Mariee." He ended the call, throwing his phone on the couch.

"Bye Mariee," Peter mocked, folding his arms over his chest and slurring his words deliberately. "That-"

"Guys, you ready to go?" There was a knock on the front door, and Wade sighed with relief. "Yeah, Harry. Come on in."

Harry opened the front door, his eyes shifting between the two men in the room. "Is this some relationship obstacle that I need to leave for or..?"

Wade stuffed his hands into his pockets, just as Peter waved him off. "No no, we're okay." He picked up his jacket that was laying on the arm of the couch, turning to Wade as he made his way towards Harry. "Get the cake?"

Wade nodded, and Peter walked out of the door. Harry turned towards Wade with furrowed eyebrows, watching him pull out the cake from the fridge. "Dude."

"Hmm?" Wade shut the fridge with his foot, holding the cake with both hands.

"What happened?" Harry asked, jutting his thumb towards the doorway, over his shoulder.

Wade shook his head, picking up his phone and stuffing it in his back pocket before returning his hand to support the cake. "Some girl called and Pete got mad. Nothing to worry about."

He walked out of the door, Harry turning the lock on the handle before shutting the door behind the two. "Do you mean 'jealous' instead of 'mad'"?

They were walking to the elevator, and Wade just stopped in front of it with raised eyebrows. There was a shocked silence, before Wade actually spoke. "I don't know, honestly."