Chapter 3 (updated)

Start from the beginning

"Well," Alya spoke gently, trying to keep her friend calm. "The first thing you should probably do is take a pregnancy test, so we can see if you actually are pregnant or not. Maybe you aren't." She shrugged, hoping that the last statement gave her friend hope, but fearing that they would find out that Marinette was pregnant and that Marinette would not be able to handle all the stress that came with that discovery.

"Oh... Ok." The bluenette's eyes had slowed their movement, but she was still struggling to maintain a steady gaze on her friend. "I guess you're right," she spoke into her lap.

Standing up, Alya grabbed her friend's hand and dragged her across the room, to the trap door leading into the lower levels of her house. She shook some focus into the girl before guiding her to take the steps down the stairs.

"We're gonna go get some snacks," Alya called to Tom and Sabine as they passed through the living room on their way to the front door, Marinette still trying to recover from her shock.

They made the quick walk to a local convenience store and Alya kept her arm around Marinette's shoulders as she led her to a section filled with several unmentionable items that the bluenette refused to think about before her eyes landed on the variety of pregnancy tests.

Squeezing Marinete's shoulder, Alya advised her friend. "It would probably be a good idea to get two just to double check."

After a moment, in which Marinette had to consciously unfreeze her stiff body, she looked up at her friend with wide eyes. "Which ones? How am I supposed to know what to pick? Is my mom gonna get suspicious about what I'm spending my money on? What if-"

"Chill, girl!" Alya interrupted the imminent freak out. "We'll look at all of them and decide. And I don't think you have to worry about your mom being curious about it, you spend way more than this on fabrics and sewing supplies all the time."

Taking a minute to think about what her friend had said, Marinette finally nodded her head weakly and took the last step towards the shelf in front of them.

After several long minutes looking at the information for all the different tests, the pair finally decided on two different tests that weren't too expensive but seemed trustworthy. Marinette grabbed them and then turned to head towards the checkout, but she froze so suddenly that Alya's shoulder was jerked back when her hand that was entwined with her friend's was held in its place, somewhere behind her.

The redhead stopped to turn and look at her friend with curiosity and worry. "What's wrong Marinette?"

"There are people at the checkout."

"Yah..." Alya looked at her friend strangely, trying to follow her train of thought.

"They're gonna know." Her eyes continued to grow wider and wider and the blogger could see the girl's arms starting to shake. "They're gonna know what I did, they're gonna stare, they're gonna ask questions." She turned to look at her friend, desperate for any comfort she could get. "Alya! They're gonna know! What if someone up there knows who I am? What if the news somehow gets spread, then all of the school is gonna know. Chloe's gonna call me names and my parents are gonna kick me out and-"

Alya cut her off. "Woah girl! Slow down." She put gentle hands on the bluenette's shoulders. "It's gonna be just fine." She looked her friend in the eyes with a gentle smile. "You'll have me with you, and they shouldn't ask questions, but if they do you don't have to tell them anything, let alone the truth. You can say it's for a friend, you can say it's for a project, you can say it's for your cat for goodness sake."

"That wouldn't be too far off." Marinette spoke in a quiet, emotionless voice but Alya couldn't help but smirk at what the girl was trying to say. "This is all because of that stupid cat after all."