Chapter 3

After breakfast, Dan and I went into the garden to degnome it.

"So what did you find out?" I asked, as I swung a gnome around and sent it flying away.

"Not much to help during transformation. Werewolves are lycanthropes, don't know how that would help. Werewolves in human form are technically still "werewolves", I mean, that is just for when you register for things."

"So it's basically MACUSA's way of making sure were all known of," I commented.

"Basically. They've tried some thing's like 'werewolf therapy' or whatever, but nobody came, 'cause, you know, nobody wants anybody to know."

"Yeah, definitely."

"Then some stuff about this Professor Marlok, no Marlowe, who found out from werewolves that Muggles taste different to wizards, and are more likely to die from a bite."

"Could see why."

"Something about werewolf discrimination, how in Britain, their Ministry already had a Code of Conduct for werewolves by... guess."

"I don't know, the 1800s?"

"Nope. The 1600s."

"Wow. That is early."

"Yeah. And then some stuff about what will happen if a werewolf attacks you during human form, but that's more for werewolves who profit from the condition."

"Definitely not me."

"But we do need to whip you up this mixture of powdered silver and dittany, I think we have those in our potions kit."

"What does it do?"

"Stops someone from dying from a werewolf bite."

"Cool," I said, throwing the last gnome over our fence.