VIII

.

.

.

C H A P T E R E I G H T

.

olivia's point of view

"I wanted it to be you when I woke up Rog. I just wanted you to be here." I said as he looked at me, slightly blushing. He - and no one else knew I had feelings for him. I'm sure he didn't feel the same, but I've always had those little feelings that I've had to push to the back of my mind because of Thomas.

But not today.

I woke up, feeling awfully tired and sore, pretty much feeling like shit. But one thing that made my mind in a better state, is that Thomas is finally gone, Roger is finally here and I'm finally letting my feelings for him flourish.

Only in my head though.

"How are you feeling, love?" Roger asked, raspiness still evident in his voice, making it clear he woke up not long ago.

"Alright, actually, shit. I'm sore and tired." I replied, as I yawned. I took it by surprise as he cupped his hand around my cheek and stroked my cheekbone - clearly avoiding my acne (in which i was extremely self conscious about).

"Hmmm, I'm tired too, but so extremely happy you're awake now! I missed you so much darlin'. I'm going to grab a nurse now okay? They need to know you're awake."

"Hm? Oh okay."

And with that, he swiftly left the room. I felt more head-over-heels than I had with anyone before. I wasn't even with the man! But I had just missed him so much, still making a note in my head to continue to catch up with him considering this little ordeal took over.

A few minutes later a nurse in blue and white scrubs came in with a smiley Roger in tow.

"You're awake now are you dear?"

"Seems that I am." I said with a slight smile pressed on my lips. Roger had returned to his sitting position next to me. I wanted him to grab my hand but he kept them held together in his lap.

"I just have to do an assessment for all your statistics and stuff, okay darlin'? Then we'll get you a pair of crutches and get you up and weight bearing straight away as well, okay?"

"Weight bearing, already?" I asked, confused. Roger looked intently at the nurse.

"Only if you want to go home later this afternoon! I have to have you up and weight bearing anyway so there really isn't another option. If you do well with that, then you'll get to go home okay?"

"I guess..." I said, slightly worried. I didn't really want to experience that pain right now, I just wanted to either talk to Roger or sleep. Roger sensed my worry in my voice and then proceeded to grab my hand, intertwining my fingers with his. I blushed a little under his gaze.

"You're going to be alright, okay? I'm going to help you as well as this lovely nurse. I'd do it if I knew I had a chance of possibly going home this afternoon, so I hope you will do it because I'm not walking out of this hospital until you're coming with me, okay?"

"Okay, but... wait. Have you not been home since you brought me here?" I asked as he nodded, grabbing my hand a little tighter.

"You didn't have to do that, love. You can just go home now if you want." I said as the nurse took my blood pressure.

"I wanted to love, John and Bri slept in the waiting room last night but I slept here my my head on the bed and my hand holding yours, like I wanted it to be..." He said as he looked down, blushing, and thinking of the next thing to say. "They went home not long ago to freshen up, but I just stayed. Freddie was here before too!" He said, giving me a smile with his lips pressed together.