Prologue: Poseidon

The Limehouse Casino and Club, New York 1999

"You have got to be joking!" said the security guard as he crossed his arms over his massive chest and eyed the young kid in front of him: "You've got the nerve to come here!"

"It's a club," drawled the boy, "that's what its for, for people to go in it." The guard glared at him: "Not for people under the age of eighteen, can't you read!" He replied gruffly gesturing to the sign that hung on the side of the club: 'No under 18's permitted.'

The boy wasn't an unusual person to try and enter the Limehouse Casino and Club, with his green hair and a bright blue sports jacket with tattered denim jeans and a pair of Ray Bans casually balanced in his thick hair, he could have passed for a normal club member, however the guard was at unease; normal club members wouldn't question his authority when it came to who was allowed into the club. The boy grinned at him and the guard shifted his hands slightly towards his baton, if the boy wanted trouble he'd get it.

"There's no use trying that thing on me," the boy announced causally to the guard, gesturing to his baton, "It won't work on me." The guard looked at the boy again in more detail. His tousled green hair was braided with seaweed and he had rolling waves snaking up his leg as a vibrant blue tattoo. Nothing unusual for the Limehouse.

"And," continued the boy, "for your information; I can read, and probably better than you."

The guards face flared but he kept his temper under control, there was no way he was going to lose his temper with this boy. He ignored the comment and said: "Well, I can't let you into the club without proof of age and an ID card. If you fail to produce a valid card I will have to report you to the police for wasting the time of a security guard and being arrogant." Ha, thought the guard gleefully, let him try and get out of this one!

The boy grinned again; showing his perfect, pearly teeth: "Oh, I think I have enough proof." He said slyly and started to transform. His face became older as if he had aged 5 years in the blink of an eye, from the sixteen year old he was before, he now looked about twenty. His body became ripped with hard core muscle and his green hair became longer. His clothes became one large loincloth which only covered his lower body and his sea green eye became fire pits. He was nearly as tall as the Limehouse Casino and Club which was one of the largest buildings (that weren't skyscrapers) in New York.

The guards eyes widened and he pulled a shot gun out of his inside pocket. Without thinking he fired. The bullet shot through the air at high speed and hit the now man, in the liver. The shot would have killed any normal person but the guard supposed this wasn't a normal person in a normal situation. The man laughed and his voice sounded like the crash of waves during a storm: "Stupid mortal, that gun of yours could never harm me!"

And the guard watched in horror as this wound slowly started to seal up as a flow of water traveled up the man's body. The guard dropped his gun and attempted to run, but the giant man swept him of his feet in one flick of his wrist. The guard screamed for help but non of the pedestrians on the busy street nearby seemed to notice the huge giant of a man and the cowering security guard. "There's no use mortal," the giant rumbled, "non of them can here you now." And with another flick of his wrist the giant man sent the security guard into the depths of Tartarus.

****

The club was a scene of light and smoke, loose woman and dancing. Nobody noticed a young handsome youth enter their mist. To most people the club would be a new world; that was like heaven but to the boy it was unimpressive. He watched as men were unknowingly swept into a moneymaking trap and the boys lip curled in disgust. Why Zeus wanted to meet him here, he didn't know. He strutted through the crowds of women trying to tempt him into coming with them into the small alcoves that lined the walls of the club and found himself by the fountain in the centre of the club. He was always drawn to water no matter where he went. He sat on the rim of the fountain and grunted, always trust his brother to be late. Women swayed towards him, beckoning, but he just glared at them until they dancing away in a bad temper and looked for enough man to try and insnare. The boy shivered-the woman were so much like the Sirens he could have believed they were if it hadn't been for their mortal aura. Two more security guards patrolled the edge of the club, the boy hoped they weren't as stupid as the last one. He didn't approve of stupid people which was strange considering he was the enemy of Athena, Zeus's much to proud and intelligent daughter. Even so he regretted killing the security guard; maybe he'd arrange with Hades to have the guards soul transported to the Fields of Asphodel. Internal punishment seemed a bit harsh.

A young man, who looked in his early twenties, slowly started to make his way through the dancing crowd. He winked at a passing woman, who blushed and grinned at his,before locking eyes on the young boy at the fountain. The boy saw him coming and shot him a look of annoyance and slight loathing. The man was wearing a golden bikers jacket and a skinny black top underneath, showing off his large six-pack. He had tousled golden hair and sky blue eyes, his teeth were pearly white. Denim jeans covered his golden legs and a superman belt finished off the look. Everyone near him stared at his like he was a god- which the boy supposed they were right staring, he was stunning. However the mans appearance put the boy off, nobody looked at him like that.

The man, or Zeus, had made his way to the fountain and the boy stood up. Zeus clicked his fingers and all most instantly everyone in the crowd turned away from them as if they weren't there.

"Hello brother," Drawled Zeus, "long time no seen."

"I agree." The boy replied flatly.

"Aren't you happy to see me then brother?" Said Zeus grinning idly.

"You would only have summoned me here if you wanted something, Zeus." Remarked the boy, "What do you want?"

"Now, now Poseidon that's no way to talk to The Lord of the Sky's, now is it?

Poseidon growled and the fountains water formed it's self into two huge waves, ready to strike Zeus.

"Ah, I see your temper have never improved." Said Zeus looking up at the massive waves as if they were an annoying fly. "I wouldn't bother, brother, after all you don't want me on your bad side."

Poseidon hissed at him and let the waves sink into the floor without leaving a trace: "What do you want." He said firmly.

"Maybe I just want a chat."

"I don't think so."