“No,” he thought to himself. “I will not end up being Sensei’s slave for my entire life. I owe that much to my family and friends.” he said aloud to the frigid air. Images of his past and present life swelled and intertwined in his mind as a new sense of determination surged within him. He would become free, not for himself, but for those who had to suffer for him. That would be what Dabi’s piercing would represent. He would break free, that was his promise to those he loved and had loved.

Bakugo couldn’t stand the other kids in his class. They were all shitheaded extras who had never had an original thought in there life. Not a single one was smart enough to even talk to him, leaving him pretty lonely, though he would never admit it. Yes, he had his idiot lackeys, but no one compared to Izuku. He explained this fact to his mother after they had gotten into a fight over the lack of friends his age. She had told him he wasn’t being fair to the other kids. Izuku was a special kid, it wasn't fair to compare to anyone to him.

He guessed she was right, but that didn't change the fact that he didn't have any friends, or that he didn’t want any if they weren't Izuku. As she said, Izuku was special, and Bakugou couldn't replace him. So that left him where he was now. Angry and alone.

It didn’t bother him too much; he had other things to worry about. Like avenging his dear friend and Inko. That seemed to be the only thing that really kept him motivated. It seemed to be the one thing that kept the nightmares at bay on the bad days where the flashbacks haunted him and all he could see was his beloved friend, covered in blood.

Izuku had been missing for over 4 years, soon to be 5, as the date he was taken was coming up fast. The first week after his disappearance had been chaotic. Police officers and heros were at his house on a daily basis, asking hard questions that Bakugou didn’t understand and quizzing his parents about Auntie. The only thing that made that week bearable was his mom’s constant optimism and her infectious hope that they would find Izuku.

Bakugo started believing this and clung on to that hope even months after the police stopped coming to their house. This hope started to diminish after the first 6 months, but he never stopped believing that Izuku was alive, even when it was announced that the case had gone cold and someone bought the Midoriya’s house.

It was a week after Izuku’s 5th birthday when the new couple moved in. Bakugou wasn’t too upset at first, as the couple was pretty nice, and it was going to bought despite its the past owner eventually, so he didn’t let it upset him too much. No, he was fine until they started throwing out their things. He was on his way to school when he saw a large plastic bag bulging with All Might memorabilia get thrown into the driveway. He, in a few words, lost his shit.

How dare they throw out Izuku’s prized collectibles? He was going to want them when he got back, and these assholes were just going to throw it away! He stood staring in shock for a few more seconds, unable to decide if he should just take the bag home for safekeeping so Izuku can get them when he got back, or if he should go confront the jerks who were throwing away his stuff.

He was just going to take the bag until the bitch threw a bag of their pictures onto the concrete. Bakugo didn’t have any thoughts as he walked up to the lady other then “This bitch is throwing out Auntie’s pictures. I gotta kill her.” And he was ready to, his red eyes were filled with rage and his palms were damp with sweat, ready to be ignited. He stamped his way up to the lady and began screaming at her, telling her how these things weren’t hers and she wasn’t allowed to do that. After a few moments of screaming, he noticed the look in the women's eyes.

They were filled with what looked like fear, the expression too similar to Izuku’s. Bakugo stopped mid-scream and just stared at the poor lady who was now on the verge of tears, apparently not being used to being cussed out by a 5-year-old.