02 - the fight between y/n and a ninja

En başından başla

as y/n proceeded towards sensei wu, she felt all six pairs of the ninja' eyes fall on her. y/n even heard nya whisper "she's a girl?!" in a very excited and relieved way to her brother. y/n maintained a very respectful and serious facial expression once she stood next to sensei wu, only focusing her eyes on him. although her face demonstrated she was certain of herself and very indeed tranquil, y/n's stomach produced an insane amount of butterflies and her heart was beating faster than a cheetah chasing it's prey on the great african plains. she wanted to at all costs, avert her gaze from jay, who she felt was staring deep into her soul from the corner of her eye. 

"y/n," sensei wu began, "please state your full name, age, and elemental ability to the ninja before you." 

with the new assignment at hand, y/n tried her best to wipe her anxiety clean from all over her body. this was simple. she had to be sure of herself and make a great first impression. 

"hello to all, my name is y/n l/n, i'm eighteen years old, and i am the elemental master of void." 

"void?" questioned the black ninja curiously. 

"void is essentially any form of space, cole," zane informed, "some say it is the fifth element of natural elements. miss l/n here is capable of controlling anything within a space, inside or outside of this universe." 

"woah," jay gasped, peering at me with astonishment. 

"i had no idea that existed," cole, the black ninja, cooed, "but that's really cool." 

y/n grinned in an appreciative way at his comment. then, she turned to face sensei wu again. 

"anything else you would like me to do sensei wu?" 

"yes," he remarked quickly, gripping his staff with one hand and touching y/n's back with his other. "i'm going to have you fight one on one with a ninja without your abilities. we'd like to see how skilled you are in marital arts."

"not a problem," y/n responded with a grin, looking at the six ninja before her. 

"let's see here," sensei wu glanced at his students, internally examining them to see who would be best as y/n's opponent. his eyes trailed between jay and zane, who were seated right next to each other in center of the row of chairs. however, sensei's eyes moved back to the start of the row and settled on the water ninja, all in one swift gaze. 

"nya," sensei wu announced boldly, "please come forth. you will be fighting against y/n." 

nya darted right out of her seat and pressed forward towards her sensei and newly proclaimed  female opponent. it was evident that nya was feeling confident about this fight, for she was convinced that y/n was no match for her. y/n sensed the vibe from her immediately, which only caused her to smirk at the black haired girl.

"this is going to be good," y/n heard jay mutter under his breath. she grinned slightly at the fact her ex boyfriend was never really good at being quiet and subtle. 

at the same time however, she also heard the fire ninja add a "yeah!" the black and white ninja were nodding with small smiles, while the green ninja watched silently, with a stern look on his face. he kept staring at y/n. 

y/n shook the thought of all their reactions off. she smiled at nya warmly, who was already doing the same thing. 

"okay ladies," sensei wu said as the two girls separated themselves in an appropriate distance to battle, "you will fight until the other is down on the floor. and remember, no powers."

y/n and nya nodded in accordance. 

"face each other, bow. get ready in your defense positions. you will begin on my mark."