Chapter One: The School Submission

It was early; far too early to function. Must be school time! I forced myself up from my bed, smashing my alarm clock and groaning as my body resisted me moving from the safety of my bed. I walked downstairs and sighed; meeting the face of my vicious and oh-so-clearly hungover father and the tired and worn down face of my mother. My family all remained oblivious to my current "situation", by this I mean my sexuality. No one has picked up on it, but I'm thankful for that. My family are all homophobic (just my luck right?); well, they're in for a shock when I tell them... Not that that will happen any time soon, though.

Anyway -- school. I had no idea what lessons I had today, good job I have my planner with me. I scroll through the pages of the planner until I reach the timetable.

Period 1: English
Period 2: Science
Period 3: PE
Period 4: Geography
Period 5: Maths

Ugh, great.. I have PE...

I don't mind my other lessons, mainly because I'm good at them.. But PE is the main issue. Every "start-of-the-year-lesson" we have, for PE, we end up doing cross country, or another dreadful and pointless activity where I'm sure to be irritated by the idiots who "fortunately" do PE with me. (Did you detect the sarcasm?)...

I pack my bag and take it, and my PE kit downstairs, ready for me to leave the house.

I wandered down the street, encountering other people who go to my school. This is probably the most human "contact" I get in a day. Not that anyone acknowledges me or anything.

I walk in, through the school gates.. No turning around now. Time to do what I do best. I make a direct path towards the school library and attempt to open the door.. It's locked. That's strange? It's normally open early.

"Librarian's not 'ere", I hear behind me. It's the school janitor. I haven't bothered to learn his name or anything. Mainly because I don't like talking to people. Maybe you've already guessed that.

I nod at the Janitor and begin strolling around the school... It's been a while since I've done this, simply because I'm always cooped up indoors, away from everyone.

I continue meeting unfamiliar faces as I walk around the school, they all give my disapproving looks, I shiver at some of the people because they look like they're literally about to beat me up there and then.

I walk past almost every gang in the school.. In the library, I overheard a group of girls talking about the different gang in the school. From what I can remember, there was:

The "Rebels"
The "Sluts" - although I'm sure this was just an insult, and not what they're usually called.
The "try-hards"
The "Geeks"
The "Dumbasses"

Aaandd... Oh yes, the "Jocks". I knew that they shouldn't be messed with, mainly because they'd beat you up just for looking at them or acknowledging them. I purposely walked past the Jocks without looking at them because I'd rather not lose a tooth.

But then the worst happened.. I walked into a tall, dark haired guy. I had to admit, he was freaking gorgeous. But I couldn't daydream forever.. Because he was in the "Jocks" group, and his "colony" were walking up to me.. With "death" written their eyes...

...

...

They are literally about to attack me.