t h i r t e e n

Jae had been skipping school, all to avoid the one he didn't want to choose to believe, Younghyun. He wanted to save himself from the embarrassment and heartache he already went through the past week. All he did was sleep, but it never felt the same to him.

Sleep never kept the same warm and welcoming feeling it always had for him. Sleep didn't allow him to see Younghyun again. When he entered his dream state, the scenery was all the same, although it would just be him, and nobody else. Jae kept trying to make the boy reappear, only to have the same situation okay out before him over and over again.

It was hopeless.

Sungjin would try and come and council him, only to be pushed away and ignored by the elder. Jae couldn't grasp the gravity of the situation, and for all he knew, it could later on affect him deeply.

The boy jolted up to a knock on his bedroom door and groaned before shouting a small 'go away'. To his avail, the person who entered was his mother. Jae say up and sighed, remembering that he should've locked the door beforehand.

"Jae, you haven't been attending school for a good week now. That's not good. I can't keep letting you bunk out in your room."

"Mom please. I can't go." His mother sighed at the reply as she headed over and sat next to him.

"Jae, you cant keep running from your problems. It's either you face them or they'll just end up tagging along on the chase."

"I just feel like it's all one big joke. I feel like an complete idiot mom."

"You're not an idiot Jaehyung. You're beyond smart and capable of getting through the worst. Check things out for yourself. You've avoided the problem long enough."

"I know..this is all just so.."

"I know sweetheart. Not everything in life has a logical explanation. You just need to find a way on how you'll deal with it. This Younghyun person seems like he cares a lot about you. I don't think he'd ever hurt you on purpose dear."

"I suppose.."

"Don't worry. You'll get through this Jae. I have faith in you."

"Thanks mom."

"You're welcome honey." His mother got up from her spot and smiled before heading to the door. Jae stopped her before she exited her room and gave her a pleading smile.

"Does this mean I have to go to school tomorrow?"

"Of course!"

"Wow. Love you mom."

"I love you too Jae. Dinner will be ready in ten, get cleaned up,yeah?"

"Alright." His mother smiled before exiting and closing the door, leaving the boy to think about the talk they previously had.

"It's time to face my problems.."