Letters to Alaska

Helllooooooo :-) 

So I've had a fanfic called Walls on here for a while, but I wasn't really updating it much and I kind of hit a wall (ironic huh?) with it all. I didn't really plan the story much when I started it, and I had no idea where I wanted it to go, so I thought I'd delete that one and start from scratch with a completely new story. 

I feel like my reading and writing abilities have drastically improved over the last year or so, especially compared to when I first started Walls. It was a great learning experience for me because it taught me how to develop myself as a writer, and that we all have to start somewhere and our hardest critics are ourselves. Looking through the fanfic, I can certainly see where I've developed and where there is still room for improvement. I am in no way saying that my new story will be perfect, and is completely planned out, because it's not, but I do have a lot more direction for this one than Walls. As you can see, I've still kept the main characters, Harry & Alaska, in this story but they aren't the way I made them to be in Walls, at least I'm hoping they aren't anyway. 

I hope my decision to end Walls incompleted is understandable and you love this story as much, and hopefully a lot more than you did with Walls. :-) 

In Letters to Alaska, Harry meets an undeniably shy, yet ironically outspoken and quirky, Alaska. Alaska takes an immediate interest to Harry, noticing from the second she saw him that he gives off an aura completely different from anyone else. After some serious dedication on Harry's part, Alaska finally agrees to hang out with Harry in hopes of figuring out what's so different about him. Once Alaska does decide to spend time with Harry, falling was invetiable on both parts, however Alaska is adimant that they should only ever remain friends, despite Harry's not so subtle hints he's dropped. One day, Harry notices a book left at his house that he's never seen, and upon opening it, he realises it's Alaska's journal. Harry tries resisting the urge to read it, but gives in, in the hope that it'll provide some insight to why she's the way she is. All Harry wants is to know Alaska, to truly know her down to her bones, and he does now, he knows every single thing. Harry returns Alaska's journal anonymously, and begins to write her letters as the anonymous finder of the journal, confessing to reading it and letting her know what he thought of her, and all her thoughts. Harry knows what he's doing is wrong, and he will tell her when the time is right, but will that be too late? Follow the journey of Letters to Alaska to find out. 

- HM xx