~Chapter 29~ Angry Malhotra

Kapoor Mansion

Its been 2 hours now that Nandini was still unconscious. Ruhi was sitting beside her whereas manik was sitting on the couch looking at her. Everyone else were in their rooms taking rest on Ishita's insist. Ishu was already asleep after a hectic day.

In Nandini's room

Ruhi and Manik being tired slept on their respective places in the same sitting position. After a while Nandini started to wake up, opening her eyes she looked for water and found Ruhi sleeping beside her. She slowly started to get up when her eyes fell on Manik, she smiled seeing him and suddenly the thirst made her cough which broke their sleep.

"Nandu/Nandini" Both Ruhi and Manik said in unison. Ruhi helped her sit while manik grabbed a glass of water and made her drink.

"You Okay!" Manik asked her after she drank water to which she just nodded her head and rested her head on the headboard.

"Main sabko bolke aati hoon that you are awake." Ruhi said getting up and moving out. As Ruhi left Manik sat in front of her and touched her forehead to check her fever and found it still warm but a little less.

"How are you feeling now?" he asked straightforwardly without meeting her eyes.

"Better" she spoke to which he chuckled sarcastically saying

"Yaa of course" and was going to get up when she held his hand lightly and asked him to sit.

"Aap naraz ho?" she asked.

"Nahi! Khush hoon bahut tumhe aise dekh ke!" he spoke sarcastically.

"Manik!" she was again going to say when Ruhi entered with others and Manik moved from the bed to let them see her.

"Kaise hai bachha ab?" Mahir asked sighing in relief seeing her conscious.

"Haa bhai main thik hoon. Aap sab please tension mat lo." Nandini replied feeling guilty seeing everyone's tensed faces.

"Are you serious bhabhi? You were unconscious for two hours! Kyu kheli aapne itni holi?" Cabir spoke frowning while the rest of the youngsters seconded.

"Voh sahi bol raha hai Nandini..We let it go always but uss baari thoda zyaada hogaya tha." Karan spoke.

"I am so sorry! But aaplog ko pata hai na ki holi is the only time I forget everything? I know I should have taken care of myself and I am so sorry..Mom and Dad aaplog ko bhi maine bahut pareshan kiya na? Sorry! But I am completely fine" Nandini started off guiltily but ended with a cute pout which made everybody smile.

"It's okay Nandini! It's just that we were tensed but seeing you fine is all we wanted. Dhyaan rakho bachhe apna. We will go out and you should rest..Manik dekhna that she doesn't exhaust herself." Raj spoke showing off his concern and gestured everyone to move out leaving Manik and Nandini alone to talk in some privacy.
Everyone left closing the door behind while Manik bolted it and came to sit beside Nandini. He was silent and it was scaring Nandini. Manik had never been the silent one for all she had heard about him. If he was angry, he did show it but being silent was so not him. His eyes lost the shine it always had and Nandini was sad knowing that she was the reason for it.

"Manik?!" She called but all she got was silence.

"Manik please! Baat to suniye meri.." Nandini tried making Manik listen but it all went into deaf ears.

"I am sor.." Nandini started off again but was cut off by Manik.

"You are sorry right?! Peechle 10 minute main 15 baar sun chuka hoon..but mujhe tumhari sorry nahi chahiye! Are you nuts? Even after knowing ki zyaada der paani main rehne se tum bimaar parti ho you still do this and every year may I mention..Even though I am angry on Mahir bhaiya as well for letting you play but I cannot blame them for I know how stubborn you can act but bachpane ki limit hoti hai." Manik lashed out while Nandini was on the verge of crying.