Hide and Seek

Thunder boomed across the sky as it rained like there was no tomorrow. Lucy stared at the pitter patter of the rain on the window.

"Gas-tro-vas-cu-lar"

Susan said as she turned to Pete casually lounging in the sofa. So much for having a good day outside.

"Come on, Peter Gas-tro-vas-cu-lar"

Peter turned to Susan with a bored look on his face "Is it Latin?" He asked with a small roll of his eyes at how anyone could have fun in this.

"Yes..."

Susan said with a sigh "Is it Latin for worst game ever invented?" Edmund asked and Leandre lowered the book she was reading.

"There is no harm in learning Edmund. Especially if the game is educational"

"Thank you Lea!"

Susan said "We could play hide and seek!" Lucy said with a huge smile "But we're having so much fun" Peter said sarcastically as he gazed towards Susan who gave him a small glare.

"Well there is no harm in exploring the place. I also like the idea of playing hide and seek, its been a long time since I've played that game"

Lucy looked at Leandre with a grateful smile before turning to Peter "Please, please, please!" Peter sighed before heading to a nearby wall and began counting.

"One...two...three...four..."

Everyone shot up from their seats and began running into different directions. Leandre headed down a hallway away from the sound of Peter counting and hid inside a spacious room.

I hope Peter won't find me here.

Leandre sat down and began to wait. Silence filled the air and Leandre was beginning to get a little bit bored and sleepy.

Remind me to bring a book next time we play this.

Leandre sighed before she shivered and rubbed her arms. Where did that breeze come from - Wait.

She was in a placed that was closed off and there were no windows for a breeze to blow by so who -

A hand grabbed her shoulder and Leandre instinctively whirled around to grab the stranger's hand when Susan's voice filtered her ears.

"Calm down Lea, it's me!"

Leandre sighed with relief before she gave Susan a small glare "Don't sneak up on someone like that!" Leandre whispered harshly.

"Sorry but I was looking for a place to hide and I found this place and saw you"

Susan said and both girls waited for Peter to find them.

"It's quiet. Too quiet actually"

Susan said and Leandre sighed before she went out of the room "What are you doing?" Susan asked and Leandre answered back.

"I am going to find out why it is so quiet. We should have heard footsteps running around by now"

The two girls went back to where they came from and saw Edmund, Lucy and Peter "You know, I'm not sure if you two have quite gotten the idea of this game!" Peter said and Lucy gave him a confused look.

"But weren't you wondering where I was?"

"That's the point! That's why he was seeking you!"

Edmund said in an exasperated tone. What on Earth was Lucy talking about now?

"Does this mean Lea and I win?"

Susan asked and all heads turned to the two girls "I don't think Lucy wants to play anymore" Lucy looked at Peter with a pleading look on her face and it made Leandre wonder what had happened during their hiding.

"I've been...gone for hours..."

***

Susan looked inside the wardrobe and shook her head while Peter inspected the back of the wardrobe.

"The only wood in here is the back of the wardrobe" Susan said with a sigh as she closed the wardrobe.

"One game at a time Lu, we don't all have your imagination"

Peter said and Lucy felt herself beginning to get upset "But I wasn't imagining!" She said with a small whine.

"That's enough"

Susan said sternly "Well I believe you" Edmund said and Lucy turned to him with hopeful eyes "You do?" Edmund nodded and Leandre frowned at him. Edmund was not one to believe easily.

"Yah, didn't I tell you about the football field I found in the bathroom closet?"

Leandre groaned and rubbed her forehead "Why don't you just stop it, you always have to make everything worse. Grow up!" Peter said angrily towards Edmund.

"Shut up! You think you're dad, but you're not!"

Edmund shouted as he stormed out of the room "Edmund!" Leandre called back but he ignored her.

"Well that was nicely handled!" Susan said, her anger mostly directed at Peter. Lucy looked at the wardrobe as it stood there like any other ordinary wardrobe.

"It was really there..."

"Susan's right, that's enough"

Peter said with finality as he also left the room to go look for his brother and sister. Leandre sighed before she felt a tug in her skirt and looked down to see Lucy.

"You believe me don't you?"

Leandre smiled. Though she knew in her mind that Lucy's story of an unknown world sound ludicrous, she knew Lucy would never lie in any sort of way.

"I don't know Lucy but if there is such a place, it will be your little secret for now. Don't let their words bring your excitement of a new discovery down"

Lucy gave Leandre a smile. It was not the answer she wanted but it wasn't harsh and cruel like her siblings said that they didn't believe.

***

Leandre woke up to the sound of footsteps passing by her room. Flinging the sheets up, Leandre trudged to the doorway and opened the door to see Lucy with a candlelight in her hands.

"Lucy...where are you going?"

Leandre yawned as she blinked to make sure her eyes were working. Lucy froze before she answered "I'm going to the wardrobe" Leandre smiled and nodded.

"Well...good luck then and don't stay away too long. We have a big day of playing outside tomorrow"

A mischievous glint shine through Lucy's eyes as she smiled "Trust me Leandre, I won't be long" Leandre waved goodbye as she gave a final yawn and headed back to bed.

Practically ignoring the other pair of footsteps, thinking it was Mrs. Mcready just checking in to see if they were all asleep.