"Well I don't know. All I know is that I like a guy and I'm freaking out because I don't know what to do now."

"Ok, don't worry, I'm going to help you but first you need to tell me who the guy is." The frantic beating of my heart slows down when Josh says he's going to help me but then speeds up again when I realise I have to tell him who it is.

"It's Chase."

"What?!" He yells. Again.

"You know what, that's it." I grab Josh's wrist, dragging him out the quiet library as he once again apologises to the glaring students.

I lead him outside to a secluded area where he can shout as loudly as he wants.

"You like Chase? As in scary, grumpy Chase who has like two friends and is your sworn enemy whom which you have hated since forever?"

"Yes, that Chase but obviously I don't hate him anymore."

All of a sudden Josh starts laughing.

"Hey, Josh this isn't funny." I say as I watch my best friend in a giggling fit.

"Sorry Nate it's just. It's cliche but so unexpected at the same time."

"Shut up." I say but can't help the smile forming on my face.

When he stops laughing he looks at me. "How in the hell did this happen anyway?"

It's very hard telling him everything that has been going on with Chase and I without telling him about Derek. Yet somehow I manage to come up with a coherent story.

"You slept in the same bed as him?"

"Is that all you got out of this story?"

"That and the fact that you kissed him twice and he didn't beat you to a pulp." Josh says.

"He's not like that." I reply.

"You're already defending him, isn't that cute?" I blush at Josh's teasing. "Awww, you're whipped." He says.

"Not as much as you over Kyra." I counter.

"I think Kyra and I are better off as friends."

"Friend zoned? Sorry man." I say, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"No, no I just think she's too...what's the word? Sweet, yeah sweet."

"What's wrong with being sweet?"

"It's boring." He replies. "I want to be on the edge. I want a girl who can keep me on my toes. Like that girl, Stevie. She's something else."

I smirk at how smitten Josh is over Chase's friend.

"If, by some miracle, you do end up with Chase could you please help me out with Stevie? Put in a good word or something?"

"Sure." I reply with a chuckle. "If by some miracle."

*

Rachel does not take the news of the break up very well.

I stop her after school and tell her. Her emotions range from disbelief to sadness to anger in the matter of a few seconds. She rambles on and on about how much of a mistake I'm making and how we can work through this.

"Are you for real? Are you fucking serious? We've been together for a year and now you want to break up? Everyone loves us together. We're the school power couple. Do you really want to just throw all that away?"

"This isn't working out Rachel." That's the first complete sentence I've managed to say in this entire conversation.

"We literally slept together last night."

"I know and that was a mistake. I shouldn't have come over last night."

"You know what" Rachel says as she takes a couple steps towards me "screw you, I've always thought Zach was better looking than you anyway." With a final flick of her long brown hair, she struts off. "And by the way." She adds. "You didn't break up with me, I broke up with you."

I say nothing as her figure walks away and start to question if I did the right thing, if choosing Chase over her was the best decision to make. But my doubts come to a halt when I see him walking home with his friends. And I know, for sure, that I want him.

*********************
Sorry this chapter is 118% dialogue. I know it wasn't great.