{1}

Isaac day at his desk writing a letter to He who walks behind the rows as this was the only way Isaac and him could talk, Isaac's eyes were clouded in thought as he wrote slowly and meaningful.

Dearest friend,
I'm happy to report everything has been well in the cornfield and everyone seems to adore you other than our prophet Sarah and her bother Job, they still don't believe in you and still disobey me and Malachi's rules even though Malachi has brought them to me several times to tell me what they did this time. I've tried talking to them but they say it doesn't make sense to them, along with them they talk about the betrayer Jospeh. Sarah and Job claim to miss him but Malachi has told them they've grieving has lasted too long and I'm not sure how to stop it. In other words; Malachi has been a nicer and better deputy after you showed yourself through me. I thank you for that, it's easier to ask him to do tasks. Malachi has been training some of the younger children how to attack, stalk, and corner; it's fun watching them and I've even let them practice on me like they stalk then corner and then pretend to attack.
Well I must go now so I can start the sermon and dinner, I'll talk to you later.
-Isaac

Isaac picked up the note and put it inside his coat and walked out of his office and out into the ghost town of Gatlin; he looked around admiring the small town, Isaac smiled lightly and continued walking suddenly someone jumped into his back Isaac jumped at first then held the person up looking over his shoulder he saw a small black haired boy, his blue eyes sparkled with pride, "I got you!" He smiled Isaac smiled back, "Very nice leap there Ada." Isaac held the boy up and walked to the cornfield, "Thanks!" Ada smiled and wrapped his arms around Isaac's neck so he didn't slip, "What were you doing?" Ada asked curiously Isaac looked up lightly, "I was writing a letter to He who walks behind the rows, it's the only way of communication now." Isaac explained Ada nodded as they entered the cornfield. Isaac looked over and noticed Malachi and group of young children giggling Isaac smiled and blinked lovingly at Malachi, "I see you found Ada." A small girl walked up to Isaac and smiled her green eyes glowing and her brown hair blew in the light wind Isaac nodded and let Ada jump down Malachi stepped forward and bowed lightly Isaac dipped his head, "I see you've been training them all very well." Isaac smiled Malachi felt a bit of pride in his chest, "I told he who walks behind the rows about this I'm sure he'll thank you." Isaac patted Malachi's arm lovingly Malachi smiled back, "Thank you." Malachai whispered Isaac dipped his head once more, "Alright let's start the sermon." Isaac took out the note and placed it on a table that the children had found and they started the sermon.