Chapter 2: Why are you still here?

Start from the beginning

"Mother-in-law..."

"Huian, you can call me "mother". After all, I always wanted to have a daughter..."

Jia Huian smiles, "Mother, Huian have to go now. As the G... As Bojing is waiting, Huian better not let him to wait long."

Madam Li Lanying smiles brightly and says, "Go, go. Chunhua, take a good care of your mistress."

Chunhua smiles and curtsy, "Lao taitai, Chunhua will do as you say."

***

"Your Royal Highness, what are you doing here?"

Fourth Prince Rong Yingming smiles and he gently taps General Hai Bojing's shoulder using his hand fan as he answers, "This prince suddenly misses his old friend. As my imperial older brother is being such a pain in the ass these days, one has to let it loose somehow. Every morning assembly, he has to remind me to get myself a pretty wife. My imperial mother has been nagging him about my marriage prospect endlessly as well."

"The Empress Dowager must have been so worried about you. After all, we are of the same age. I am already married to the Prime Minister's only daughter. You are the only one still without a wife... And, those two fools as well. Due to your 'playful nature', no royals nor nobles are willing to let their daughters marry you."

Fourth Prince Rong Yingming stares at his friend, General Hai Bojing and pretends to be hurt by his words.

"Bojing... You know that I hated to marry someone who comes from a family that have ulterior motive right? Due to the fact that I am the Empress Dowager's only son, many thought that I should be the Emperor and not my imperial older brother. My imperial older brother is a great Emperor! Those rats are so annoying anyway. Their daughters must be the same too."

General Hai Bojing shakes his head and laughs, "Be honest... You do not wish to be the Emperor because you wanted to continue living freely as a mere insignificant prince right?"

"Exactly!"

A peal of soft laughter can be heard coming from behind them

A peal of soft laughter can be heard coming from behind them. A beautiful lady in white is smiling while her pretty maid also wearing a white-coloured outfit is trying hard to stop herself from laughing.

"Huian greets esteemed husband and His Royal Highness."

"Chunhua greets General Hai and His Royal Highness."

Fourth Prince Rong Yingming gently nudges the man standing next to him, "Bojing, I get it now when you've said that there might be a chance that you will become a father after only 3 days of marriage. Hahaha!"