"Spit it. You want everyone to live, don't you?"

"Chae Hyungwon," Hoseok finally got himself to say.

"Took you long enough. The next time you see your pig of a boss, tell him me letting you live is a gift to him and that I expect something in return," Yoo finished and walked out. The bodyguards stayed behind to take care of Hoseok - meaning to make him unconscious and drag him away.

-

The next time Hoseok woke up he was laying on the ground next to that old car Boss had sent him with. It had became night again which meant he was out for a few hours. His whole body gave him pain as he got up, using the car as help. He felt like taking a deep breath but even that was painful, the muscles surrounding his lungs not wanting to move. He didn't want to lift his shirt up to see but if he had, his whole body would probably had been bruised. His clothes hadn't yet completely dried and were making him feel cold.

He opened the door of the car and got in after finally fully coming to his senses. The last thing he remembered was saying Hyungwon's name and he knew that right now Hyungwon was in big trouble. He was already regretting, cursing at himself, saying he should have just endured it for longer instead of revealing Hyungwon's name. He wondered if Hyungwon would understand that he did it to protect Changkyun and Hyunwoo. He knew Yoo wasn't a liar so if he said someone was going to be killed, it was for real.

He drove to Hyungwon's house, breaking many speed limits and running many red lights but he didn't care - it wasn't his car anyways. He parked the car close to the apartment block and ran inside, his lung giving him pain again.

When he arrived to the lobby, three guys came out of the elevator. Two of them were carrying the one between them who was bleeding profusely from his stomach. He immediately realized they were Yoo's guys and rushed to get into the elevator they had came from. He got anxious and couldn't think straight, starting to wonder if Hyungwon was fine or if he even was alive. It seemed like he had fought the guys off at least since one of them had gotten hurt. He was becoming more and more worried.

The apartment door was already open, having been kicked in and broken by Yoo's workers. He busted in fast but the view in the apartment forced him to stop in his tracks.

Hyungwon's apartment was a mess. There was a hole on the wall and a pool of blood on the mattress and another one near the kitchen. Hoseok immediately imagined the worst. He had seen Yoo's man bleeding out but in the apartment he witnessed two possible killing locations. His heart dropped as he quickly prayed inside his head that Hyungwon was fine - there was no sight of anyone else in the apartment.

Hoseok couldn't take a step further in the apartment when he was attacked. A hand wrapped around his neck and he was pressed against the wall with force. It was Hyungwon. Hoseok looked at him up and down and he looked uninjured.

"You sold me out," Hyungwon growled, his grip on Hoseok's neck tightening. "These guys suddenly came to my apartment wanting to beat me up. Somebody named Shin Hoseok told them I killed Uncle."

"Hyungwon, hear me out," Hoseok tried, wanting to defend himself. He was running out of breath and his head felt like it was going to explode soon. Hyungwon only choked him harder after hearing Hoseok try to explain.

"You want me dead, don't you? Just come at me yourself instead of doing something pathetic like this," Hyungwon was talking loudly, anger audible in his voice and visible on his face.

"Just let me— ex— explain."

Hyungwon's hand became tighter for a moment again before he let go. Hoseok fell to sit on the floor, coughing and holding his neck, trying to catch his breath after what had felt like another near-death experience.

"I should kill you," Hyungwon said as he turned around to walk a step away from Hoseok.

"They— Your friends at the garage were in danger," Hoseok explained after finally managing to get words out of his mouth. His voice was still raspy and it didn't sound like his own at all. "He said he would kill both of them, me and eventually you too if I don't reveal who killed Uncle and drove his Jaguar. I tried to stay silent but... I think I lost my mind for a moment and it just came out."

Hoseok tried to get up but his legs couldn't support his weight and he stumbled back to the ground. Hyungwon's expression got a little softer. He took a first good look at Hoseok and noticed the condition he was in. His face was beat up, a lot of dried up and some fresher blood all over it, especially on the side of his head. His clothes were dirty and wet. Hyungwon started to become understanding on what had happened to Hoseok.

"How long did they have you?" he asked, his voice a whole different tone from the previous one. This time it was soft and kind.

"Almost three days," Hoseok told. He tried standing up again but still couldn't - he had gotten to Hyungwon with the power of adrenaline but now he was completely powerless. Hyungwon squatted down in front of him and put a hand on his forehead.

"You're sick. Have you been in wet clothes for three days?" he said. Hoseok half nodded half shook his head. "Go to the bed. I'll bring a new blanket."

Hyungwon walked away and Hoseok struggled to get up again, having to use the wall to help himself. He made his way to Hyungwon's bed and pushed the bloody blanket away. He took off his wet and dirty clothes before falling on it. Because of his stiff and hurt body, it took a lot of effort but the thought of just wanting to lay down and sleep gave him strength. It was his first time for a couple nights to sleep on a bed and he felt like passing out immediately. The more time passed since his adrenaline rush went away, the more he started to realize his current state. Now he already felt cold and shiverish.

He felt happy that Hyungwon had listened to him and understood his reasons because for a moment he had thought he was really going to get killed. The glare in Hyungwon's eyes when he was choking the life out of Hoseok was so strong Hoseok thought nothing he would say could soften it.

Hyungwon came back with a new blanket and threw it on the bed. He saw how bruised and bloody Hoseok's body was and instantly felt a rock in his stomach again. He leaned down and pulled the blanket to cover Hoseok.

"Hyungwon I'm sorry, I shouldn't have given in," Hoseok said in a low voice.

"Sleep it off. Let's talk tomorrow," Hyungwon replied, stood back up and walked away.