Chapter 1

Rose's POV

Today was the day I would meet my destruction

Today was the day I would meet my destruction . I was already destructed but I never thought  that one could break so hard by the time I met     .................him.

My room was dark even though it was only four o'clock in the evening .The only light that could be seen came from the Argant lamp on my wooden table which was covered with dust that needed sweeping. The wooden cupboard was filled with clothes I bought myself , beacause my parents coudn't affort it anyways.

They were rich enought to by my childhood, but poor enough to let me bring home the money. I,Rose Clark worked at the Davies household as a maid.The Davies were a family of diplomats.The most remarkable one of them was Marianne . Everyone could tell that she was spoiled from her rich father, but she treated me well and beacause of that I didn't care so much about their personal life.I didn't gossip anyway which is why they trusted me and kept me as their main maid .I wasn't afraid of getting fired . I had known that I knew to much to be released .

"Rose , your father is home!", shouted my mother eager.

"Papa!", sais I as I ran down the old staircase.

I gave him a quick hug as a welcome . He didn't return it back. I stepped back awkwardly  and ran to the tiny shoebox to bring him his slippers. I did as said and left for my room.

I was tired of this life . I wanted to break free but no one is really free and never will be until the sky rips itself apart and the end will come only to those who pray for it .

I took my long grey coat with the laced sleeves out and put it on my bed . I looked at it for a while which seemed like ages and came back to reality in a matter of seconds.I didn't know at the moment if it was better for me to be swept off reality , but then an Idea rushed through my worried mind.I knelt near the dusty desk and opened the wooden case which was locked with golden chains of middle aged centuries.My grandmother gave it to me .I really used to love her .She used to teach me how to cook and bake. My favourite treat were her pancakes.The were soft and sweet. Just like her .

Now back to my Idea .The wooden case was filled with books I recieved from the library because of my often visits and because of their knowledge of my parents' behaviour.

I took the book with the black cover in my scarred hands and read out loud: " A Farewell To Arms"

I took my leather bag and opened it quickly to put the book inside of it.I combed my hair and in a matter of light seconds I was wearing the coat that was left on my bed and my black shoes that seemed to match my white stockings . I ran outstairs and out of the door to avoid contact with my parents and headed out to my favourite cofee shop where my life would take a diffrend turn then expected .