Starstruck Chapter 5. Double Threat

Start from the beginning

She guided me to the modern styled living room that looked very much like Glace’s house. I didn’t realize that Denise came from money. My mom and I weren’t poor. Just as I have told you before, she had a lot of famous clients. But we were very practical. We preferred to live in a smaller home unlike this because there were only the two of us.

My eyes roamed around the living room. I didn’t spot any of my classmates and at the back of my mind; I had a sinking feeling that it was a set-up. Denise pushed me gently on the black leather sofa while she sat beside me, too close for comfort.

I moved several inches away from her and gave her a confused look. “What am I doing here Denise? I was supposed to attend practice for the play.”

“We need to talk about us Dulce,” she said with a bit of impatience. She tucked a stray hair behind her ear, giving me the chance to study her features. I haven’t looked at her like this since last year. I’ve actually avoided staring at her for too long since she refused me. There was no point in it. But here and now, I had no choice.

Sunlight streamed inside the window behind us highlighting her straight blonde hair. From my view, it looked like it was on fire. She kind of reminded of Barbie with her thick lashes and all-American appearance. Add to that the height of 5’9’’ and a toned slender body and she was basically a moving mannequin.

It painfully reminded me of why I fell for her last year. Yup! She was gorgeous and she knew it. She often used it to her advantage too, especially when it came to me. But that wasn’t the reason why I came here, and besides, she turned me down already.

I finally found my voice after seconds of ogling at her. “You must have meant the words me and you Denise because there was no us to begin with.” I emphasized the word us to her so she’d understand. “How many times do I need to remind you that you turned me down?”

She sighed and closed her eyes for a brief moment before looking at me again. “What if I changed my mind?”

I licked my lips nervously. Was she saying what I think she was saying? Did she want to get together? What should I do?

“Say it to me clearly so I’d understand,” I croaked. My throat suddenly felt dry and I think I was hyperventilating a little.

“I thought about what you said to me last month Dulce.” Our eyes met but she averted her gaze quickly and turned pink on the cheeks. Was the queen bee blushing? Impossible! “Anyway,” she added. “I really like you Dulce and by that I meant not as a friend.”

“What like a frenemy?” I snorted. She narrowed her cloudy grey eyes at me, effectively wiping the cheeky smile from my face.

“No Dulce, I want to be your girlfriend,” she said seriously.

I felt a lump form in my throat so I swallowed hard to get rid of it. “Denise,” I started. “I don’t know if this is such a. . .” She leaned near me before I could even finish the sentence and brought her lips to mine.

The thought I was holding on to vanished in an instant. My mind concentrated on her soft lips, her cinnamon taste, and how my stomach did this weird flip when our mouth connected. My eyes closed on its own and I got lost in the kiss. Her hand found its way into my hair and she tugged it a little emitting a low moan from me. She took that opportunity to slip her tongue inside my mouth and I just let her. The inexperienced part of me wanted this as much as I liked kissing her.

We both pulled away for air and I clenched my jaw because of confusion. She was a good kisser, gaining a lot of practice from the popular alpha-males in our school. Her hand found my legs and she glided it up and down over my jeans while I tried to catch my breath. It was all very new to me.