I giggled a little. She went around the table greeting and introducing herself. I didn't miss the exchange of glares between her and Leah.

The night was enjoyable. I couldn't remember the last time I socialised properly.
Elizabeth let me touch her belly when the baby kicked. The strength of it surprised me and the thought of having that kick away inside freaked me out.

As if she read my thoughts she started laughing. "It's not that bad. You get used to it." A smirk made it's way to her face and she leaned in. "You'll see." And she gestured to Oliver. My eyes widened and my whole face heated up.
Elizabeth burst into a fit of laughter while I sat mortified and blushing profusely. "You are so innocent." She smiled.

My face dropped and I gulped visibly.
"Are you okay?" She asked as she sensed the change in mood. I nodded and smiled back at her.

"I just need to go to the bathroom."
I excused myself and found the ladies room. I silently prayed that the floors were clean and wouldn't drag my dress through anything.

I opened the door and to my relief it was pristine.
I did my business and washed my hands. When I looked up in the mirror I saw Leah. With her two friends tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum.
They were both as plastic as their credit cards. One had black hair brown eyes and the other had blonde hair and blue eyes.

"You think you're hot shit don't you?" Leah asked with a frown. "Not only do you have Russell, but now Mr and Mrs. Black as well as Oliver's sister and friends."

She stepped closer. "You are a fucking  slut. You know that? I will get rid of you." She moved back and smirked. "Dont listen to anyone when they compliment you. They're just being polite. That cheap dress makes you look fat and ugly. Honestly, it's an embarrassment."

The girls giggled behind her. "You really are stupid, huh? How could you steal your sisters man. You should know she doesn't play around." Blondie sneered.

I remained impassive. I didn't give away what was going on in my mind. For the most part I thought how pathetic they were. They had to gang up on me in the bathrooms.

Is this high school or what?

But there was a part of me thinking they were right. I'm an embarrassment, dirty and worthless.

"I'll have you know Oliver chose Avery over you. She had nothing to do with it. If you have a problem with it, take it up with him." Erica stood in the door way. Her blue eyes looked furious. "Grow up, Leah."

Leah stomped off and out of the bathrooms.
I sighed and smiled sadly at Erica.
"Thank you for saying that."

She will run to Mr. Adley.

She returned with a sympathetic smile."Don't let her get to you."

I nodded and we walked to our table. Leah was already whispering to her parents. When they looked over to me I gulped nervously.

"Oh by the way, Avery?" Erica caught my attention. "Can I design your wedding dress?" She asked sheepishly.

I smiled at her. "Of course you can. Just please don't make me look like an 80s bride."

Erica laughed melodiously. "Of course not!" Her eyes sparkled with delight. 

"You're a designer aren't you?"

"Well, I am but I'm still fairly new to the scene." She smiled. "It's a tough market to breakout on."

I nodded and we took our seats.

Food was served and we all ate happily. Mother glared at my plate. I stopped eating and took a sip of champagne. Unfortunately Russell noticed the whole thing and frowned.
Our plates were taken away and Russell gave me a look letting me know we would be discussing it later.

"May I have this dance?" Oliver asked.
I was shocked he asked and not told.

I slipped my hand in his large one. He led us over to the dance floor.
His hand found my waist and mine met his shoulder.
I liked being in his arms. I felt an inexplicable safety.

"You look stunning tonight, Avery." He said close to my ear. I could feel his breath on my neck and smell his divine cologne that I've grown attached to.

My eyes widened slightly and a blush rose to my cheeks.
"Th- thank you." I managed to squeak out.

A corner of his lips tugged up slightly, before he was back to his stony appearance.

When the music stopped we began walking but were stopped by a tall blonde.

"Oliver." Her voice was pleasant but she paid me no mind. "How have you been?"

"Fine." He said simply, his eye twitched. "Tiffany, meet my fiancee Avery." His arm encircled my waist.

Her eyes widened in shock, but was replaced with anger.
Tiffany looked me up and down, then smirked.

"It's nice to meet you." I said with a professional smile.

"I'm sure it is." She said and brushed a piece of hair away from her face. "I'll see you around Oliver."

"I hope not." He mumbled.

"Ex-girlfriend?" I asked.

Oliver sighed and looked at me. "No. Just a girl I slept with."

I nodded my head simply, not really knowing what to say.