yours, 004

betrayal

"HEY," DANIEL ONLY smiled at the stranger who greeted him, he knew the other attended the same school as him, but further than that he didn't know a thing. It wasn't Daniel's first day back, but he knew that he would get stares and random 'hello's by now. 

The blue-eyed boy turned his back to the student, a frown formed on his face. "You're popular now, Dani, just deal with it," He looked to the side where Eben stood next to Daniel's locker and unlocking his own. "I don't want to be, though," Daniel told his childhood friend truthfully, watching as the same aged boy took his notebooks out of his locker and put them in his bag. "Deal with it, nothing is going back to how it was. Just take advantage of the situation, make some new friends, get a boyfriend, maybe," Eben shrugged his shoulders, leaning his shoulder against his locker and watching Daniel's every movement. "No, i don't want that," He shook his head, disagreeing with the suggestions. 

"He's not coming back for you, Daniel. He's locked up for God's sake, stop holding onto worthless hope for a damn psychopath!" Eben locked eyes with the blue orbs of the boy he has always wanted, but could never get. "Well i'm sorry that i'm in love with someone who treated me damn good!" Daniel yelled loudly, slamming his locker closed. "I'm sorry that i can't get him out of my head! I'm sorry that i'm such a disgrace to everyone because of it, i'm sorry that i'm in love with a damn murderer, who held me captive! I'm sorry, okay? But what in the fucking world can i do about it, Eben? What could anyone do about it?" By the end of his yelling, silent tears fell down the flushed cheeks of the boy who had fallen in too deep.

Eben didn't answer his questions, keeping his soft look on Daniel, who had turned his back to him and ran away to the bathroom. Eben sighed lightly, leaning his head against the locker and letting his eyes fall closed in thought. "You will see he's not the one for you one day. You'll see," He wiped his tears, the argument getting the best of him.

Jordan raked his fingers through the milk chocolate locks, sighing softly, but smiling down at the older's soft breaths. "You're going to be the death of me, Corbs," He placed a kiss on his cheek, letting the older sleep just a little longer. The blond walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen, starting to take out the needed ingredients for breakfast. He wouldn't have left the older alone if he didn't think it was safe.

Jordan's parents and siblings were all on vacation to the Bahamas. They didn't take him, because he wasn't allowed to go. His parents said he had to attend school because he missed too much lessons the previous year, but Jordan didn't believe a word they said. And here he was, skipping school again.

The blond knew they thought he was a danger to his own family and he was. He knew now, Corbyn had only slipped through the window last night and his family could have been home. Jordan's adoptive parents knew Corbyn was mentally ill, he murdered someone and they would do anything to keep him away from their beloved family, multiple guns in close and easy reach. Jordan himself knew if they had the chance Corbyn would be killed on sight, without second thoughts, nor  guilt.

While placing the eggs on the two plates, the soft cries of his brother flowed through the air. With a silent sigh, Jordan turned off the stove and walked up the stairs towards his room. Corbyn lay under the covers comfortably, you could see him shaking and could hear the sobs he was trying his hardest to silence. 

"You're alright, Corbs," Jordan whispered, taking his older brother in his arms and rocking from side to side. He missed the warmth of his hugs. "You're fine," He placed his lips softly over the brunet's face, hearing the soft giggles fall from Corbyn's lips. "You're just fine,"

A couple of minutes had gone by, Corbyn's arms tightly around his neck while he sat in the taller's lap. "Are you hungry? I made breakfast, it's probably cold by now, though," Corbyn laughed, answering with a nod of his head. "I am pretty hungry," Jordan nodded, pecking his brother's head and setting him down on the floor. "A-aren't your parents h-home?" Corbyn stuttered, not wanting the door to be opened. "No, you have nothing to be scared of, Corbs. They left me to care for myself and left me enough money for a few years, so i don't really mind," Jordan shrugged with a smile, taking his brother's hand and pulling the brunet through the door and down the stairs.

Both sat down at the kitchen island, their plates before them with the cold food staring up at them. They settled for a comfortable silence, talking softly in between bites. Jordan's mind traveled along the thoughts in his head. "You could have gotten out without problems," "What?" Corbyn looked to the side, seeing Jordan already staring at him. "I'm sorry that i hit you yesterday, but you could have gotten out legally. You could have gotten out without having to run. You could have been free, but instead you took the path that would hold you captive forever. You're going to be on the run for years, until they finally stop searching, or just stop recognizing you on the streets. This is no life for you, Corbyn," Jordan shook his head, while Corbyn had fixed his gaze on the plate before him.

The brunet opened his mouth to say something, but no words left his parted lips. He took his lower lip between white fangs, letting his embarrassment settle, Jordan was right and he knew that. "I was scared," Corbyn admitted softly. "It was my last chance to get out alive. They were planning to kill me, Jordan. You make enemies and you're dead before you know it. They planned to kill me and i was too scared to face that," 

The only sounds you could hear were Corbyn's sniffles, taking deep breaths after. "I was scared they were going to kill me and i would never be able to see you again, to at least say goodbye," Jordan looked up at him, a playful smile on his face. "Liar. You don't want to see me, you're only here because you don't have a place to stay. You want to see Daniel and everyone knows that, Corbyn. You broke out for him and i doubt that there are no cops with him right now," Corbyn's heart broke at his brother's words, did he really believe he wasn't there for him?

"That's not true," He shook his head at the younger, letting his eyes linger on his almost empty plate. "I'm here for you, too. I would never leave you, Jordan. You were the first person i've loved my whole life, who exists 'till this day. You can't take that away from me," "Watch me," Jordan stood to his feet, the chair he formerly sat on falling down to the ground behind him with a thud. Corbyn looked up at him, fear traveling through his eyes."You scared now?" Jordan questioned him, turning his back to the blond and walking away. That's when Corbyn knew he had to leave, get out as fast as he could.