First Breath

Felicity's P.OV.

"Her name is Felicity." The voice declared. Those were the first words I heard. And with that, my lungs surged with life. That is, it felt like they were. I wasn't sure, exactly. All I could really know for sure was that I was alive. I was alive....but something was very off......

Lifting my hands up, I reached for my hair. Was that why it was so dark? Maybe if I moved it out of the way......only to be met with more darkness. Darkness and a small gasp. I turned my head to the sound. Was someone else there? Who were they? And where am I?

"Why?" a low voice questioned. There was a mixture of disappointment and hatred lacing the word. The voice was lovely.....

"Why what, Ambrose?" another, softer voice challenged the first. It was the same that Awoke her. It was the voice that she would grow to love and cherish. 

"You know exactly what. Why in all the Parallel would you do that to an Original?"  Ambrose fumed. What was an Original? Even more important, what was done? Were they talking about me? Was something wrong with me?

"Ambrose! Come back here and let me explain!"  A loud slam followed her words, and all I could think is that if I had eyes, I could cry.

Ambrose's P.O.V.

I was furious. How could Katerina do that to an Original? Sure, to give that life to a regular Awakened was kind of okay, but this was unacceptable for me. I ignored Katerina as she called out to me. Nothing seemed to matter to her anymore.

True, I had expected her to change as she grew up, but this was absurd. It was as if she was trying to destroy the status quo! As long as I was the First Original of this house, I would do whatever it took to make sure that everything maintained it's course, according to the standards of the Parallel.

"Ambrose!" She yelled at me, picking me up carefully, but firmly enough that I couldn't get out. That didn't stop me from trying, though. I kicked wildly, attempting to break free.

"Don't you dare take me back to her!" I shouted.

"Will you just listen to me for one minute?" she asked as she placed me on the table in the hallway. Even on that level, I seemed so small in comparison to her. A heavy breath left her mouth as she rubbed her eyes with her forefinger and thumb.

"I'm not going in there, Kat....."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Because?". she raised one eyebrow, obviously skeptical of my reasoning. "You sure it's not for some other reason?" I lowered my head, avoiding eye-contact with her. Sighing, she turned away to head back to her room.

"Why did you make her blind?" I whispered. She stopped abruptly and turned her head towards me. A slight sadness was in her deep brown eyes.

"That reason, is something you will have to talk to her to figure out."

And that was the one thing that I probably dreaded more than anything else in the Parallel.

Katerina's P.O.V.

I knew that Ambrose would never understand by just me telling him. Even if it took hundreds of years, talking to her would be the only solution. Hopefully, he wouldn't be his usual stubborn self and take forever to see the light....because then Felicity could as well.