Slave to the warehouse chp 2

I eyed the guy up and down. He looked shifty enough. His eyes looked like dark pits in his sallow skin, his black hair was slightly greasy and fell in curly locks down his forehead. He wore a spotless black overcoat with the collar turned up around his neck. His pants looked rich and tailored and I saw the toes of Italian made leather shoes peek out from the hems of his pants. I gave the guy a final look and declared him a class-A creep and slight pervert.

"Look buddy, I gotta go to school so leave me alone and find some other chick to harass," I said, reaching to put on my helmet.

A quick look of shock flew over his face. I guess this creep/perv wasn't used to being stood up to. "No wait..... this is important," He said, trying to straighten his voice.

I shifted on my hip to stare at the guy. "What? You gonna try some new pickup lines on me? Listen you little pervert, I got a life to live, and being harassed by some needy man-whore isn't in my plans, so get lost." I jammed my helmet on my head, turned on my motorcycle, revved the engine and sped away from the guy as fast as I could.

"Don't underestimate me, bitch," He said as I sped away. I barely made it out and so I paid no attention to it.

I got to school right on time, as a miracle......... Parking my motorcycle in the front, right next to my best friend Adam's car, and stomped inside. I walked straight to my locker, not giving anyone a second glance. I dumped my bag down in front of my locker and stuck my keys and I.D. in my pocket. I shoved my helmet in my locker and slammed the door. A few lingering people around me gave me worried glances.

I suddenly felt arms wrap around my waist.

"Hey Mariah. What's up?" Adam said.

I smiled and turned around to meet his eyes. "Not too great. My mom barely gave me a 'hello' this morning and as I was getting onto my motorcycle, some man-perv cornered me and tried to get me to come with him."

Adam tsked. "Silly girl. The world is full of bad people."

"I know, jackass, I handled it," I humfed.

"What, you told him to find some other girl to harass and then hopped on your motorcycle and sped off into the distance?" He smirked at me.

I smiled, "You know me too well."

We headed off towards our first class, mildly discussing the new House that was on last night, the weather and the motorcycle Adam was considering buying. I slumped down in my seat and pulled out a Sharpie to doodle on my arm. I was just starting to draw a rose on my wrist, when my teacher, Ms. McAdams came up to me.

"Mariah? Pumpkin? The office just called. They need you up there immediately. It's something about your mom," She said, patting my arm.

I grabbed my bag and ran out of the classroom as if land-walking piranhas were on my tail. If anything had happened to my mom, what would I do? The possible reasons that something was wrong ran through my head. Suicide, depression-meds overdose, murder........... My run started to get faster.

"OHMYGOD!!!! MARIAH!!!!!!! MARIAH!!!!!!!!!" I heard Adam screaming at the top of his lungs. I heard his thumping footsteps steadily following me down the hall. From the rhythm, I assumed he was running too.

I pivoted off a wall and hit the front desk gracefully. I dropped my bag and heard my pins and keychains that decorated my bag hit the floor.

"What's wrong? Where's my mom?" I asked, breathlessly, panic edging into my voice.

The secretary opened her mouth to speak, right as Adam came running in, hitting the front desk as well as I did.

"Dammit Mariah..... You run way to fast. What's going on?" He asked, just as out of breath as I was, maybe even more so than me.

"Um, well I don't know yet. Ms. McAdams said that something was wrong with my mom," I said, running a hand through my hair, still slightly panting.

The secretary, Pamela, cleared her throat. "As I was saying, your mom was kidnapped. One of your neighbors saw a man in a black overcoat drag your mom out of the back door of your house, with her screaming and protesting. The police have been notified, but if you need to leave school for the rest of the day, I can give you a pass."

I felt the shock seep into my body. The creeper/pervert from this morning had gotten revenge on me by kidnapping my mom. "Mariah," Adam said, shaking me. "Mariah, do you know this guy? Mariah, what's wrong?"

I turned on Adam. "He's the creep who cornered me this morning. And of course somethings wrong! My mom has been kidnapped!!!" I turned to face Pamela next. "Okay, yeah, I think I'm gonna go. Is it okay if Adam comes with me?"

Pamela's eyes widened but she quickly nodded. "I'll tell all of your teachers," She said to Adam.

I grabbed his arm and pulled my keys out of my pocket, slinging my bag across my shoulder. I straddled my motorcycle, and started the engine.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Get on!" I growled at Adam.