Chapter 4

The bell finally rang for lunch, so I got up from my seat and headed to my locker. I forgot to call Jake earlier because I was so mad at what Alex said, so I'm expecting him to pop up at any minute.

As expected, he was waiting by my locker, with his arms crossed.

"Why didn't you call me?" Was the first thing he said when I got close to him.

"Damn, you sound like a clingy boyfriend." I said somewhat sarcastically.

"You know you want me." He joked as he wiggled his body.

"Oh, I really do. You're just like, totally irresistible." I joked backed.

I closed my locker and turned to him. I linked my arms with his and was about to skip towards the cafeteria. He didn't move though, he just stood in place and stared at me.

"What?" I ask him.

"You know what, where's the stuff?" My eyes widened as I looked around, luckily there was no one around.

"Here," I reached in my locker and grabbed his drugs, "sorry I forgot to call, I was just so mad."

"Why?"

I thought about whether or not I should tell him. I tell him everything, so I went with the truth. "Well, when I went to get that," I pointed at the drugs, "Alex got mad and sai-"

"That you're a shitty friend." Alex appeared behind me and glared at Jake, which in return, caused him to glare back.

"And why the hell would you say that?" Jake growled.

"If you where a good friend, you wouldn't even ask her to come to me to help your dirty habit." Alex replied.

His words caused Jake to pull me behind his body protectively and step towards Alex.

"I really don't think you have a say in she does with her life."

"You're right, I don't. But if I was her friend, I would do a way better job. I mean obviously, since you lied to her." Alex put a smirk his face and crossed his arms.

I thought Jake would have a snarky reply, but no, instead he lunged foward and his fist connected to Alex's jaw.

Alex fought back hard and more blood was coming from Jake. I attempted to pry them away from each other but I almost got hit myself.

After a while, a group of guys started running our way and tried to stop them from fighting.

I noticed the group of guys were the jocks. That included Aaron Davis, Ryan, Michael, and two other guys that I don't know the names of.

I just knew Aaron the most because I have had a crush on him since sophomore year. I have never been this close to him before. I also never expected him to be smiling at me. Wait, he was smiling at me? Cue the mental squeal!

"Are any of these guys your boyfriend?" Aaron asked me. I shook my head, not being able to find my voice. Even if I could, I wouldn't trust what would come out of my mouth.

"Were they fighting over you? It seems like they would, you're really pretty."

I could feel my face starting to get hot, of course I would blush at a time like this. "They weren't fighting over me, although I guess I had something to with it." I explained.

"Well then I have to ask, are you doing anything Friday night?" He smiled at me. Was he asking me out? Cue another mental squeal. I calmed down and shook my head.

"Not that I know of."

He nodded his head and smiled his perfect smile."You wanna go watch a movie or something th-?"

"Yes." I blurted. "I mean, sure, that'd be cool." I tried to play it off and hope he didn't think that I was weird.

"Great, I'll talk to you tomorrow then." He grinned widely and turned around to his friends, who were still holding Alex and Jake.

"You can let them go now, and hurry up before they run out of pizza." Aaron ordered. His friends let them go and they all started walking away. Aaron turned around and waved at me. I returned the gesture with a smile and watched him catch up to his friends.

I turned back around and glared at the two boys in front of me. I was about to say something, before Alex started walking away. I was not in the mood to cause anything else, so I just let him go. Jake on the other hand, wasn't getting away that easy.

"What they hell was that for?!" I yelled at him and hit him in the arm. He looked down at the ground, ashamed of what he had done.

"I'm sorry Kat, he just really pissed me off." He looked up at me apologetically. The look in his eyes made me just want to forgive him and hug him, so I did.

"I guess it okay, for now anyway. If that happens again though, I'll be the one fighting you."

He nodded his head and saluted. "I understand Kat."

"Good, now let's go get some food, I'm starving." I smiled and linked my arm with his and headed to the cafeteria.

****

If you guys enjoyed this chapter, please vote! Also, if you see a mistake, please tell me. Thanks! :)