She was angelic. Now Pamela, she was beautiful with her platinum blonde hair and stunning looks but Chelsea... she was divine. Even her skin was smooth, a little pale but smooth. I wanted to see her eyes. I wanted to see her smile... but I'm damn sure it'll be a while before she genuinely smiles.

Christian moved snapping both Amy and I out of our dazes. He stared at her immobile form before nodding to himself. "She's waking up."

God help us.

He moved from view to the opposite corner of the room. He'll be there if we needed him. He promised not to interfere which I was thankful for. He told us that she'd be a bit hazy at first. She won't remember much, but it'll come back to her gradually maybe even as fast as it did for Amy. We couldn't begin to guess how out of it she'll be or how up and down her emotions would be. All we could do was wait and see whether I well, get bitten or something.

My heart flipped when I saw her stir, her eyes moved behind her eyelids, her arm lifted slowly toward her head. And then she groaned.

"Ah, God." She whispered rubbing her hand over her face. "What happened...?"

Her voice. A little huskier but one hundred times more alluring.

She groaned and used both of her hands to cover her face. Amy and I exchanged a look before taking the two seats at her bedside. Her eyes finally fluttered open and I smiled at the frosty blue of her gaze. It was completely unfocussed as she squinted up toward the ceiling, her lips parted in a heavy breath.

And then her head turned slowly toward us. The tension was thick as her vigilant new eyes darted over Amy's face and then mine. Amy's hand took mine from my lap and she squeezed. What if she doesn't remember us?

But that thought flew out the window when she croaked, "Did we get drunk last night?"

Amy's hand slacked as she giggled and I chuckled answering, "Not exactly."

"Then why do I feel hung-over? And my neck is absolutely killing me."

The irony wasn't lost. We gave Chelsea a minute to adjust; her eyes, her pupils specifically, were focusing one minute and expanding in the next. The curtains were currently closed, her new silver pendant sitting comfortably on the bedside table.

How do you explain to someone they've died? Better yet, how do you explain they died and became a vampire? Well, you don't usually but in this case, the world I live in, you do.

"Chelsea, how do you feel?" I asked, bringing her attention back to me.

She sat up against the head board, her velvet like hair sitting on her shoulders. She shrugged. "I feel... really weird."

"Can you describe it?" Amy added.

"Well... I just feel.... weird, I don't know. My eyes hurt a little... why?" She breathed but then smiled. I took a second to register that to my mind because lord knows when she'll smile like that at us again. "How bad was last night? We couldn't have been that bad. Although I don't remember much, if anything."

I shifted in my seat. "What do you remember?"

"I remember having breakfast, walking outside and now here I am. Did we go out? Wait, what time is it, have I missed my flight?"

From the corner of my eye, Amy grimaced. To be honest, I'd completely forgotten about her flight as well. Didn't even call to reschedule or even make it an open return if they still do those.

I shifted forward and hesitantly took her hand. It was still warm but barely; she'd need to feed soon to finish the transformation. "Yes, you've missed your flight. Something happened the other day."