Chapter One

Silentkit was laying in the nursery, her two brothers were roughhousing outside the den. They were five moons old and they were soon going to become apprentices to warriors of the clan. She got her name from when she was born, unlike her brothers, she wasn't wailing out loud. Her mother thought it was an interesting fact that she wasn't crying, and decided to name her Silentkit.

She was quiet most of the time. She was rather shy, and strayed close to her mother most of the time. She was part of Darkclan, camp inside a large hallow area once cleared out by twolegs. Silentkit heard stories from the elders that this once was the grounds of the old clan that goes by the name of Thunderclan. She heard of a great, noble leader that went by the name of Firestar. That he sacrificed himself for his clan in something called the Great Battle against the Dark Forest.

She wish that she would be like that leader someday. Though she knew that most likely will not happen.

She was brought out of her Thinking by her two older brothers tumbling in, coincidently getting closer to her. Not moving fast enough, she got trampled by the two other kits.

"Stormkit! Lionkit! That's enough!" Fernwillow, their mother snapped at them. The stopped immediately, knowing how their mother can be when she's mad.

"For Starclan's sake, all three of you kits are getting to big to be in the nursery! It's time Duststar made you three apprentices!" Snowstep, another queen, spoke harshly.

Silentkit shuddered. She did not want to be an apprentice. Duststar was a horrible leader. He gave apprentices scars on their first battle training, and he makes midst of us go without food for days. He would also make the other cats fight each other, tooth and claw just for a scrap of mouse. Fernwillow did not agree with those ways, she wanted a clan like the ones in the past. With a noble leader like Firestar. Some cat who won't treat us this way. Snowstep was the opposite. She totally agreed with Duststar's ways, saying it would be good discipline.

Silentkit doesn't like his ways either, but if someone where to go against Duststar, he would either kill them on the spot, banish you from the clan on the verge of death, or if your lucky, just banishment.

Why are things like this?