Chapter 8 His Mark on Me

Start from the beginning

"J, man what the fuck, your hurting Eb." Reid tried to reach for her.

"Mine." I growled causing Ebony to jump. Reid looked between Ebony and I trying to take in my words, as Ebony kept squirming trying to get out of me grip. I had been missing her, one week with out her face was killing me. After she told she was in love with that human i shifted into my wolf and spent some hours away from the territory. I know she only said that to get to me, because she could never love him more than me, but just hearing it broke my heart. If only she could see that all of this was for her protection. 

"Ebony, is this the ass hole that rejected you?" Reid cracked his neck from side to side. 

"Reid he is our Alpha please don't say that." She replied, she was trying to protect him and that was pissing me off. 

"He is not only my Alpha Eb, Jaiden is my brother." He said it with a look of disgust and I knew why. 

"Brother, you two are brother's?" Ebony tried to walk over to him but I pulled her back moving her behind me. "Stop Jaiden, he is my friend." 

"He is in love with you and his sent is all over you."  My body started shaking thinking about the two of them alone in his bed. 

She looked at Reid her eyes soften, seeing him look away. "Reid, is that true?" 

"It doesn't matter now, you belong to him." He sound like he had regret in his voice and i felt sorry for my brother. I remember the heart break he felt after his mate died and now he was loosing Ebony too. 

"Reid, I am so sorry." She started crying leaving the room.

I was torn between running after my mate or making sure my brother was alright Reid looked and me and nodded his head towards the door. Taking off behind Ebony i caught her before she got in her car. "Ebony wait." I grabbed her elbow and she yanked it away.

"I don't want to argue with you right now Jaiden, I just want to be left alone."

"I understand that, but we need to talk about you and Reid."

"Nothing happened between us, we're just friends, i guess not anymore. He probably hates me now."

I shook my head and wiped a tear from her eye. I let my hand rest on the side of her cheek loving the sparks of pleasure between us. "He could never hate you. Just give him some time. Marks been looking for you." We were standing so close i wanted to wrap my hands around her waist, instead i put them in my pockets.

"I've been busy, tell him i don't need him anymore."

"Why? Have you shifted any this week?"

"No."

"Than you need him. I'm not going to tell you again on how important that is for your wolf."

"If she dies how long would I have to live?"  She was serious and that was scaring me.

"Why are you asking me this?" I step closer causing her to step back and bump into her car, she just stayed quiet. " Answer me." I yelled, she was driving me crazy.

"Alpha Jaiden." I turn and saw Natalie walking towards us. "I went to your office they said you came to see your brother." I had been avoiding her. 

"Natalie, i'm in the middle of something." I looked back at Ebony seeing she was clearly pissed. 

"No, it's ok. He's all yours." Ebony smiled at Natalie before getting in her car and driving away. 

"What's up?" I looked at Natalie.

"Exactly Jaiden Why have you been avoiding me?"  

"I've been busy." 

"You always found time for me when you wanted to have sex."

"Watch who your talking to." I used my Alpha tone on her. 

"I'm sorry, i just miss you and me spending time together." 

"Things are complicated right now, give me some time." I walked away from her and went back in the clinic to check on my brother.

Reid was siting on his bed playing his game when i got back to his room. I picked up the other paddle and we started the game over, at first we sat quiet not knowing what to say to each other.

"You can't keep breaking her heart J." He broke the silence.

"I know."

"She a good girl."

"I know."

All of this was complicated, but in a couple of months Ebony will be gone and everything will go back to normal. After leaving Reid's room i went by Ebony's and climbed the tree out side of her room. Her lights were out and her breathing was steady letting me know she was fast asleep. I jumped on the balcony and sat at the foot of her bed watching her sleep. Everything Reid said about her was true, I can't keep breaking Ebony's heart. I kissed her forehead and inhaled her scent one last time before jumping off her balcony, i won't lay next to her tonight.  

****So tell me what you think. Do you feel sorry for Reid? Did you miss me? Please check out 12 Rounds (Working on that next.) and Emotional Roller Coaster and I Need You. Thank you for Reading.****

 All Rights Reserved By: MrsCassey