Chapter 12: Driving

Start from the beginning

'No. I'm pretty sure he couldn't see your giant head behind your tiny hand.'

'I hate you. I really do.'

"Just take a right here." Mr. Smith pointed. "Then take another right and we will be back."

I nodded and turned on my blinker as I started to slow down.

After the two turns, I put the car in park once I reached the parking spot.

"That was very good." Mr. Smith smiled as he looked through his papers once we exited the car. "You got a passing grade and in about a week, your license will be ready for you."

"Yes!" I yelled as I started to dance.

'Not the time.' Artemis spoke up.

I stopped dancing and cleared my throat.

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity." I smiled politely as I stuck my hand out.

He nodded and shook my hand. "We can take your picture for your license and get all your information."

We got inside and once Hecate saw us walk through the door, she jumped out of her seat.

She gave me a look and I gave her a thumbs up.

"Hell yeah!" She screamed as she fist pumped the air but suddenly stopped and looked around the room with a red face.

I laughed as I shook my head. Good lord.

"Just go over to the lady behind the counter and she'll get all your information." Mr. Smith smiled as he pointed over to the blonde haired lady.

"Thank you so much." I smiled. He nodded and walked away.

"So what now?" Hecate asked as she came over to me.

"I just have to give the lady my information and she'll take my picture. Mr. Smith said that my license should be here in about a week." I explained as we walked over to the counter.

"Hi. How can I help you today?" The lady asked with a warm smile.

I told her what Mr. Smith told me and she nodded.

"If you come this way please." She instructed as she walked away from the counter and over to another computer. "Just stand in front of the backdrop and smile. This will be your picture for your driver's license."

I stood in front of the backdrop and gave her a big smile.

"Three...two...one." She counted down before I heard a 'click'. "Perfect. Come look."

I walked over to her and she moved the computer screen so I could see it.

"Looks good." I commented.

She smiled and moved the screen back before clicking some buttons. "Now that the picture is done, all we need is just some of your information."

I followed her back to the counter and watched as she opened a drawer. She pulled out a piece of paper and gave me a pen. "If you would please fill this out."

The form asked for the basic information. Birthday, weight and height, eye and hair color, along with my address, and some other stuff.

After I filled it out, I walked back up to the lady and handed it to her.

"Thank you very much." She smiled. "I hope you have a nice day."

"Thank you. You too!" I smiled back as Hecate and I left.

"I'm guessing it well really well." She smiled as turned her jeep on.

"It went amazingly!" I exclaimed laughing. "I was a little nervous to start out with but after a little bit, it wasn't that bad. I think driving with you helped out a lot."