I need to learn Occlumency, because I can't get you out of my thoughts.

Start from the beginning

****

The students had been at Hogwarts for about 3 hours when Kat was called to Dumbledore's office. She shouldered past a deviant Gryffindor with long hair the color of ink who winked at her.

"Katerina. Only the first day, and we're already in detention are we?" Dumbledore asked, amused. "Let's see... terrorizing someone on the train? Really?"

"Expressing my opinion is not terrorism." Kat responded, rolling her eyes and leaning back in her chair. She loosened her blue and silver tie. Sandy, blonde hair fell out of her falling apart messy bun that was held together by a pencil.

"The way you expressed your opinion to Fabian Prewett? By the way, his testicle retrieval operation went well."

"I maintain that he kicked himself in the balls. We're at a school for magic, after all." Kat replied.

"Well, Kat." Dumbledore paused. "People perceive you as somewhat..."

"Free-spirited? Aggressive?"

"Heinous b*tch is the term used most often." Kat smiled at this. "Even Professor Flitwick doesn't want to deal with you anymore. You might want to work on that. No more trouble this year, alright?"

"I can't help it if the boys are complete imbeciles and need to be taught a lesson. Thank you for your guidance, Headmaster, as always." Dumbledore just smiled.

"Go on and enjoy the Great Feast."

****

Late that night, Kat headed over to her Father's study. Having her father teach at Hogwarts was a curse and there were honestly no perks. He even graded her and Bianca more harshly than any other students.

"Hey dad." she greeted, looking around the book filled study. A surprising number were about preventing teenage pregnancy.

"Kat! I heard you made someone cry today." her father called from atop a ladder. His nearly bald head bobbed as he climbed down.

"Nothing new." Kat shrugged and her father chuckled. "Anyways, I have some news."

"Go on. Though you should be in your common room already. There's a curfew and you can't keep getting detention." her father scolded.

Ignoring his reprimanding, Kat continued. "So I'm a 7th year now. And I've been thinking about my future plans."

"As you should be."

"And I have a job lined up already! I just got the letter this morning. It's at a Dragon Reserve in Romania."

"Romania?! No."

"But Dad I worked hard for this!"

"No. No way. You're staying in England, close to home."

"Dad, come on. Do my choices not matter?"

"I said no Kat." Kat understood that her father was overprotective for good reason, but his rules and restrictions were getting out of hand.

"Dad- " Kat was about to continue, but Bianca burst through the doors.

"Dad, this guy asked if I could got to Hogsmeade with him. His name's Daniel McLaggen. That's fine right?" Bianca said, twirling her blonde hair. Kat raised an eyebrow at the shiny clips in her sister's hair. They looked familiar... and expensive.

"Absolutely not. And definitely not the disgustingly arrogant McLaggen kid. I said no dating until you two graduate."

"God, we're not allowed to do anything." Kat grumbled.

"For once, Kat's right. Please, please, please can I go out with him?" Bianca begged.

"I- fine. You can date..." he turns to look at Kat with a smile on his face. "when Kat starts dating."

"But-but she's a social outcast! How is this fair?" Bianca cried. Kat laughed and stuck her tongue out at Bianca. Bianca frowned in response and through a book at her laughing sister.

"Stop with the fighting." their father said, turning back to the book he was reading. "That's all. Now get out of my office."