Chapter 18 (Part 1)

Începe de la început

*****

Lisa yawned as she leaned closer to the steering wheel bearing down her sleepiness. She blinked a few times to prevent the tears blurring out her vision.

"I told you I can take a cab," Jennie remarked- disliking the idea of Lisa driving in drowse state.

"And you know I wont let that happen." She tamed to right entering the high way.

"You're so stubborn." Jennie sighed.

"I sleep enough, if that's what you're worried about." Lisa increased the temperature since it was too cold for her liking.

"Yeah well tell that to your eyes bag," she nagged.

Lisa tapped Jennie's thigh to assure her she was fine. She remind silent for the rest of the trip to concentrated at the road ahead.

By the time they were arrived, Lisa helped Jennie with the suitcase. They walked side by side to the departure gate. Lisa spotted Chaeyoung from afar.

"Is Irene also going with you too?"

"Yeah, why?" 

"Nothing." she replied shortly. 

"She's not here yet, don't fight with her, okay?" 

"I hope not to meet her," she mumbled under her breath. 

"She's my closest friend, Lisa-ah. Please be nice?" 

"If she's not getting into my nerve, I guess I can handle it." The doctor shrugged. 

Lisa never really liked Irene and vise versa. So, Jennie took the answer as a yes.

"Jen!" Chaeyoung waved at her. Jennie waved back as the both of the girls walked towards the tall woman. "I was too early, ugh! Thank god you're here." They hugged. "Hey Lisa," the latter greeted her.

"Chaeyoung," Lisa nodded and smile a little. 

"Where's Irene?" 

"Late, what else you expect from her?" 

"Right," she chuckled. "Lisa-ah, you want some coffee?" 

"Nah, I'm good." She shrugged nonchalantly. 

"Jen, we should check in." Chaeyoung said. 

Jennie looked expectantly at Lisa. "You'll be okay, right?"

"Yep. Go on, you don't want to miss your flight." Lisa smiled. "Call me before and after you land okay?"

"Okay." They were in awkward situation. Since it was the first time they bid their goodbye to each other for two days and to another region of the world.

Lisa scratched her head and cleared her throat nervously. 

"Be safe, Nini." She said and patted the later arm softly. 

"I'll be on my way now. Bye Chaeyoung." 

She waved as she walked towards her car- several times looking at her back finding Jennie was still stared at her.

She got in her car as she felt the loneliness creeping in into her.

Two days, just in two days shed be back. I can survive two days.

*****

Lisa signed her signature on her patient chart to discharge him. She had talked to her patient's family and they were thankful to her since it was already two weeks since he was admitted to the hospital. He was all bored and ready to ran for his live to get out from this scary place- he said.