When the song ended, the two celebrants blew their candles and Dennise wished to be happy.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHEILA/DENNISE!"

"May pa-ganto pa thank you guys!" Sheila was the first one to react because Dennise was simply looking for someone.

"Siyempre palalagpasin ba naman ni lovey-dovey mo ang birthday mo?" Kiefer said. Vic put the cake on the bleachers for awhile and hugged the celebrant.

"Happy birthday!" Vic said. Their friends teased them.

"Wala absent may sakit."  someone suddenly whispered on Dennise. It was Gretchen.

"Not looking for her!"  Dennise firmly whispered back. Gretchen just gave her a look telling she didn't believe her. Dennise just rolled her eyes.

"Oh ikaw, birthday mo rin pala 'di ka nagsasabi." Thirdy said to Dennise who was busy throwing banter with Gretchen. Dennise looked at her then to everyone.

"How did you guys know pala? Anyways, thank you!" Dennise smiled showing her teeth.

"Happy birthday ate!" Jirah greeted again then handed her gift then they hugged. Dennise thanked her then they let go of the hug.

"Si Kimmy nagsabi!" Gretchen exclaimed and Dennise just ignored the fact that it was Gretchen who said it or else, others might notice. Dennise looked at Kim and smiled, it was kinda awkward tho but Kim blushed. Yes, she did.

"Thanks." Dennise simply said, and Kim nodded.

"Hug mo rin." Gretchen teased again and Dennise secretly threw dagger look at her. Gretchen just played innocent and shrugged. Dennise ignored the idea and Gretchen but Kim slightly hoped Dennise would. They just joined the others.

They celebrated for hours then decided to go home already since the celebrants had their family to attend to.

"Mataas pa rin ba lagnat niya?" Dennise asked Vic who was on the other line. She was at a dinner with her family, that was how she was celebrating her birthday this year but the thought that Alyssa was sick bothered her the whole time.

"Not sure, hindi ko rin madalaw kasi ayaw daw magpakita."  Vic answered. "Kung nagbabalak kang dalawin siya 'wag na, lalo lang lalagnatin 'yun."

"What the hell do you mean?" Dennise asked and her brow was raised.

"I mean, ayaw talaga non na dinadalaw siya' pag may sakit, malay ko kung bakit. 'Wag ka mag-alala gagaling' yun agad." Vic assured her.

"How 'bout---"

"I-m-meet ko na parents ni Sheila, kay Kim ka na lang magtanong." Vic said in a rush.

"I can't." Dennise immediately answered.

"Ba't naman?" Vic asked, confused but Dennise didn't answer. "Nevermind, bye."  Vic hung up.

"Wait!" Dennise said but was late. "Lagi na lang akong binababaan non."

What Alyssa didn't know, Dennise went to their house on the days she was absent to visit her although Dennise didn't show herself up to Alyssa she was helping Nanay Celia and asking about Alyssa. She didn't bother to tell the others as well especially Kim who was just Alyssa's neighbor.

She also decided to end her and Gretchen's acting. She didn't want to pretend she liked Gretchen 'cause pretending she didn't have any slight feelings for Alyssa was enough already.

And first time this month for the past years, her special month, she didn't feel she was special. Alyssa never greeted her and they didn't even talk for days. Dennise was still upset 'cause of all people, Alyssa was the last person she thought wouldn't.