Chapter 20

I met up with my brother and new friends by the doors. Annie smiled at me and held the door as we left the building.

"What's his name?" Annie's voice broke through my daydream.

"Who?" I inquired.

She laughed, "You obviously met a boy, seeing as you haven't been listening to a word we have been saying."

I looked down at my shoes. Neal nudged my to answer Annie's question. I shook my head defiantly. That wasn't any of their business. Well, maybe Neal's.

"What is the matter, Natalie?" Eyal studied my face.

I started at the sound of his voice; I had forgotten that he was in the car. His accent was smooth as ever, and he was very persuasive. I opened my mouth to answer almost without realizing it.

"Nothing's the matter, thank you for asking. His name is Noah."

Eyal looked pleased with himself, and Annie seemed satisfied. I caught my brother's suspicious gaze, and smiled guilelessly at him.

We ended up at Neal's apartment where I bolted up the stairs and put on my fuzzy pajama pants with a tank top and an oversized hoodie.

"Do I text him?" I puzzled aloud as I stared at my phone.

"Text who?" I heard a silky voice from the doorway.

"Noah," I admitted with a guilty smile.

Eyal smiled and encouraged me to text Noah. I smiled at him, but I didn't want him to leave yet.

"Eyal," I called from where I was.

"Yes, my dear," he turned around.

"Do you trust Annie?"

"Of course I do. I trust her with my life."

I could tell that he meant it, but I could see that, while she found Neal charming, this wasn't anything serious, and I knew that it would break my brother's heart.

Eyal was still looking at me expectantly, so when I didn't say anymore, he came to stand near me.

"You need to clear your head," He told me, "Get changed and meet up with that boy you like."

I actually did what he said and met up with Noah a few blocks from Neal's apartment.