Five Senses

The alarm clock rang at exactly 7 in the morning much to Eileen’s dismay, she groaned and turned to wrap her arm around her beloved girlfriend but hit cool blankets instead. Opening her eyes she looked around finding Anna running into the room to turn it off.

“Sorry darling I forgot I had set that one up.” she said giving her a sincere smile.

Eileen couldn’t stay mad at her yet she just woke up so she was a little grumpy. “You woke up BEFORE your alarm?” she asked whilst sitting up.

“Well I had one set up earlier to wake up to, you just happened to sleep through it, this one is merely a warning alarm.” Anna sounded as if this was a known fact, she then giggled upon looking  at her lovers bed head.

Eileen raised her brows in confusion “Warning alarm?”

“Yes, I must be ready for when Lucy arrives.”

The half awake woman rubbed her face causing her voice to be muffled as she spoke,  “Oh yeah, that’s today?”

Anna glared “What do you mean ‘oh yeah’?! I have been looking forward to meeting Lucy’s girlfriend for weeks now!!” That was one of the reasons Anna had set up multiple alarms, she could barely sleep due to her excitement and nervousness. “Now if you mind I have to eat breakfast.” she ‘hmphed’ and walked away.

Huffing that she already angered her girlfriend so early in the morning she spoke up “Wait!”

From the kitchen she heard Anna say “Coffee's ready.”, she was ignoring discussing anything else with her.

The idea of caffeine made Eileen get up, yet that was not her true goal.

~~

Upon walking in she grabbed a mug and poured herself a drink, after a cup she finally felt human and tried to talk to her girlfriend who was eating at the table.

“I’m sorry, sweetheart,” Anna just stared straight at the wall, avoiding eye contact and continued chewing her scrambled eggs. “I know how important this is to you.”

“Do you?! I have been talking about this for days now” she shouted, then whispered “do you ever even listen?” Eileen kissed her, tasting the eggs that Anna had just finished eating.

“Of course I do, I listen to you speak about what you adore, rant about what angers you, explain stories that take too long because you get sidetracked. I remember how you once told me you eat scrambled eggs to not get as much grease on you before you head out somewhere,” she said pointing to her plate “you always brag about Lucy’s achievements, and I even heard you panicking about what to wear and if you were going to impress her girlfriend today.” Eileen smiled as Anna blushed, she had thought she was asleep. Eileen leaned in placing her lips on her neck kissing her as she continued “I better never hear that I do not listen to you ever again, because that is not true, I love you. My five enhanced senses are meant for you, to see you, smell you, feel you, taste you” she whispered seductively into her ear. “And you better believe it when I say hearing you is also included.” Anna shivered and her heart thumped, although Eileen did not need her enhanced senses for that.

There was a knock on the door, they both look. “Well it looks like they’re here”. Anna said in a much happier tone than before, she got up and kissed the redhead. “I’ll be back soon, I love you!” she waved off and opened the door, heading out to meet the others. Eileen gave a soft smile, after all, the day was just getting started...