•chapter one•

rhett's pov
wednesday

since link and i were on 'break' from GMM for a few weeks, we decided to hang out at the beach like we always did. birds chirping, waves crashing, kids laughing and the smell of fresh air. i loved days like this because they were nice and hot. "do you wanna swim now?" link nudged me on the shoulder to follow him.

we ran towards the water and jumped in. it was so cold but it felt refreshing. we splashed each other like we used to do when we were kids.

time skip

after we were done in the water, Link asked, "do you want to go get ice cream?" "uh duh, ill race ya!" i yelled running towards the ice cream parlor down the beach. "whoever loses has to pay!" the ice cream there was so good and cold. i could eat it everyday. link loved ice cream but couldn't bite it so I was always done with mine first. he just donkey lipped his the whole time.

i won the race, like always. "you got a head start you jerk." we laughed for what felt like ages. "hey there, what can i get ya?" the man at the counter said. "er, i would like a cookies and cream cone. two scoop." "and for you?" he said pointing at link. "ill just get a chocolate cone. two scoop as well." he smiled. "okay two, two scoop ice cream cones. one chocolate, one cookies and cream."

we stood to the side waiting for our cones while others ordered. "i love days like this." link said poking the side of me. "so do i buddy." i smiled. we got our ice cream and link paid because he lost the race. we walked back to our stuff and sat on our towels. we didn't like bringing chairs to sit on because what's the point of them? when you're at the beach, you sit on the sand and not chairs, obviously.

i got a text from jessie a few minutes after finishing my ice cream.

jessie: hey, I took the kids out to eat. having fun with Link?
rhett: yeah. I love days like this
jessie: i know you do. well we'll be back after you because I gotta run some errands. x
rhett: okay bye. x
read

"hey rhett?" link said looking at me. "yeah?" "er, you know how Christy and I havent been getting along?" he said while looking down. "yeah. What's wrong?" "well.. we got into a fight again. i didnt tell you because i didnt want you to do anything. can i stay ar your place for awhile?" "yes link. ill let you stay with me for as long as you want." "thank you." he said with a fake smile.

"so what was the fight about this time?" "it was stupid... i said we were going to the beach and she just kept screaming in my face, telling me i was a disappointment and how no one loved me except you." "dont believe anything she says about you link. you are not a disappointment at all! i love you but so many other people do too, trust me." i yelled alittle bit to get my point across, but i dont think it worked. he started to tear up so i grabbed him in for a hug.

he was very sensitive so he didnt know how to deal with all of this. he even knew he was.

"im sorry rhett.." as i was about to say something, he pulled out from the hug and started to run towards the bathrooms. i got up and followed him because i cant let him be alone. he was a slow runner but he was particularly fast this time.

*knock* "link open it please. im sorry i raised my voice, but i was just trying to get my point across." "go away please." "listen, whenever you decide to come out. ill be over where we set our towels. just remember im here for you link." there was no response so I stood there for a second and I heard him crying.

I walked back to our 'set up' and laid down with my sunglasses on since the sun was so bright and just started to think.

time skip

link walked back and lied on the towel next to me. "sorry i freaked out." "sorry i cried like a baby." he laughed. "you're not a baby. i yelled at you and im sorry." "you didn't yell, you tried to help." i looked over and saw him smiling.

time skip

we lied there for about a half an hour. i sat up and saw that he was asleep so i started to pack up. when i was done, i gently woke him up and we went back to the car, then drove home.
TO BE CONTINUED

word count: 814

hi guys, this is a new rhink fan fiction.. if you didn't know lol. remember to vote down below! ~mia <3